• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New JP Semi-Monolithic LRI-20 Large Frame Upper

bluepythons

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2008
Minnesota
Hi Guys,

Recently I had the opportunity to get some face time and range time with Ben from JP Enterprises and the brand new LRI-20 upper receiver. I have always had a great respect for JP rifles when I shot 3gun, and I know their reputation for accuracy is respected here as well. This new upper receiver offers an integrated barrel nut and then a large threaded outside surface for direct mounting of their MKIII line of hand guards. This will be more formally announced at SHOT show but they announced it recently and are available. I know the LRP-07 is high regarded here by many as Frank as well but this new receiver appears to elevate their rifles even more. Yes I was impressed and that's probably obvious in the video :) Im still new to precision rifles but Ive had the pleasure of shooting and building several large frame guns and the JP really felt nice.

I talked to Ben two weeks ago and he told me to keep an eye out for something new, I guess this is what he was talking about. The 6.5CM LRP-07 is averaging .70-.60 MOA with a somewhat knowledgeable Semi Shooter, if they can show that this new design has improved the existing accuracy could be interesting.

Last edited:
I like the idea. Still waiting for the small diameter HG they announced at SHOT though. If they made it small frame and somehow got away from the tube handguards I'd be really interested.

Reactions: LeadZeke
The the Title of this thread should be changed its not Monolithic, that would mean a one piece continuous top rail that starts on the receiver (IE) Larue, LMT, Modular is the key word here.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but JP is also offering their rifles with Proof CB Barrels now as well.

Last edited:
Sweet looking rifle. There must be something to beefing up the front of the receiver. There are several companies that have done this already.

I wonder how much the rifle costs? And why do they still use tube hand guards?

I’d love to own/shoot one.

That’s what JP called it, so what I listed it as to start the conversation.
The the Title of this thread should be changed its not Monolithic, that would mean a one piece continuous top rail that starts on the receiver (IE) Larue, LMT, Modular is the key word here.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but JP is also offering their rifles with Proof CB Barrels now as well.

Sweet looking rifle. There must be something to beefing up the front of the receiver. There are several companies that have done this already.

I wonder how much the rifle costs? And why do they still use tube hand guards?

I’d love to own/shoot one.
Starts at $3500

Love my JP upper, but why not M-Lok? That isn't M-Lok compliant is it? ARs, 9mm, 5.56, M-Lok. I'm trying to get rid of variables and different systems.

For that price you could get a truly monolithic rifle and switch barrel capabilities with an LMT MARS. Nothing against JP, great company.

Reactions: Baddog 0302
Love my JP upper, but why not M-Lok? That isn't M-Lok compliant is it? ARs, 9mm, 5.56, M-Lok. I'm trying to get rid of variables and different systems.

I like the idea. Still waiting for the small diameter HG they announced at SHOT though. If they made it small frame and somehow got away from the tube handguards I'd be really interested.

Soon :cool:

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I just order the LRI-20 Complete rifle with the Proof CF “22 barrel last week, hope this setup turn out right and hopefully the waiting is not too long..

Reactions: HillBilly n TX
sounds similar to aero enhanced and mega megalithic, both have the flanged uppers with separate mounting points for the handguards.

I just order the LRI-20 Complete rifle with the Proof CF “22 barrel last week, hope this setup turn out right and hopefully the waiting is not too long..
Actually called today about this same build, believe they said 6 to 8 weeks.

Been eyeing up the .308 Version with the 22" Supermatch Stainless Barrel. But I presently live in Colorado and they are having issues with Colorado's Tax Law changes so presently cannot ship a personal order to my state. They said a dealer could order for me, but not sure how to go about having a dealer order with my exact custom choices. Guess I got some phone calls and emails to make.

Last edited:
I like it. If I didn't already have the Mega MML set, I'd go with this.

Actually I would considering selling the Mega MML for this set.

Anyone take delivery and get some trigger time yet on the LRI20?

I have a LRP07 in 6.5 Creedmoor and was thinking of ordering a 308 upper for it. Would love to get some first hand feedback.

I’m waiting to mount up glass then am looking forward to my 6.5cm 22” build. After shooting the 308 I couldn’t resist and bought one.

I'm probably going with the LRI-20 upper for a 6 Creed Build. I'm in a toss up between a 6 Creed and a shorty 308. Either way I'll probably go with the LRI after talking to the guys at JP.

Hit me up if y'all are ordering by the way.

Why the hell doesn’t JP make an mlok handguard for this?

Shoot them an email to request it. Believe me, if enough folks want something and it's a good idea there are people that are listening and willing to make it happen :)

Love mine, not sure if I love the trigger though. Not sure if I would rather have a 2 Stage Geissele trigger. Thoughts?

Attachments

• JP LRI20.jpg
    JP LRI20.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 683
  • JP Prone.png
    JP Prone.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 288
Lol everyone asks that. It seems to fit well for me and lines up exactly with the way my AXSA is. I can get a 90 degrees arm on it. I'm probably going to cut 2 inches off the stock though with the PRS mod a few guys have done to shorten it a hair so I can use the stocks adjustments.

Here are a few samples Ive seen with a carbine buffer tube. If you search you can find a few more pics.

Attachments

• Shorten PRS 2-2.jpg
    Shorten PRS 2-2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 170
  • PRS chop 2.jpeg
    PRS chop 2.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 162
Going to ask a dumb question here; What is the device mounted to the top of the scope? I assume it's an LRF but what kind?