• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Lapua Cases for 2024

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    1704903486155.png

No 7prc yet…

Lapua is almost never going to release brass less than a few years after release of a cartridge. They need to have proof of longevity as well as show an increase of profit that makes re-tooling or other associated things worthwhile.

They don't make Dasher because they sell every single piece of 6br they make already. So they would lose revenue spending the money to retool and such when consumers are still just buying 6br and fireforming.

Huh. Did they bring back production of all the calibers they cut when Ukraine kicked off?

They haven't announced which or if all of them, but they have announced they are going back into normal production for things that were put on hold.

Could be all of them or just some. No word yet.

Reactions: simonp
    Lapua is almost never going to release brass less than a few years after release of a cartridge. They need to have proof of longevity as well as show an increase of profit that makes re-tooling or other associated things worthwhile.

They don't make Dasher because they sell every single piece of 6br they make already. So they would lose revenue spending the money to retool and such when consumers are still just buying 6br and fireforming.
    Yeah I get it, but they did jump on the 6.5 and 300 relatively quickly.

ADG it is for now though

I understand your reasoning, but I have no doubt if they made Dasher brass, it would always be sold out...heck, if they did something really revolutionary and made Dasher ammo with their scenars, it would obviously not only be SAAMI/CIP approved, but would also always be out of stock....so surprised Norma has not done it already....

Excited about the 6GT brass. I was once told “if Lapua doesn’t make brass for it, you don’t shoot it”

Went 6GT anyway and have been wanting Lapua since lol.
    I've found alpha 6gt to be fantastic brass, have you not?

Reactions: lash
    I know it’s boring, but I’ve been (im)patiently waiting for 7mm Remington Magnum ever since they did .300 Win Mag. Maybe next year. Sigh

Reactions: lash
    Just wanted to point out that those wanting these had better grab them when and while you can. They will be readily available only every so often when they sense enough demand.

Yes I have no issues with it but I’m running the original Alpha brass and not the OCD.
    Ahhh yeah I can see that. I had some that new in box, but sold it when ocd came out. I've been very happy with the ocd 6gt.