• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Leather seats with 80lb Dog - Seat cover suggestions?

Oakflat

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2013
Louisiana Swamps
I finally pulled the trigger on a 4x4 Tundra yesterday and now I need to find some seat covers so my dog's toe nails won't destroy the leather seats. If my truck is running, my dog is in there with me so I am looking for something that will really protect them. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have two dogs - a 65lb Lab and a 100lb Chesapeake- both make getting filthy a matter of pride.
I also run dogs for search and rescue, live on the wet side of Oregon and drive an SUV with leather seats.
I've tried a few solutions and the one that has held up best is the Orvis water-resistant seat hammocks- these things are pretty sturdy and worth the price. I also run a GoreTex type material seat cover in front- these are made by Land Rover and also worth the cost.
Car Seat Cover Hammock / Water-Resistant Hose-Off Seat Hammock -- Orvis
I use an army blanket over the cargo liner/seat cover for warmth and water control.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I would have it ride in the back. If it won't do that I would get moving blankets.

My buddy has some neoprene ones in his f150 that are very nice, and you also don't need to worry about water, mud etc. They fit very well.

I imagine they weren't cheap though.

Duluth trading company has some firehose seat covers and/or hammocks for protecting seats from pets. I use their firehose pants and its pretty rugged stuff.