• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold CQBSS?

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    Just saw it on LightFighter, unfortunately you must be a member to read the thread;

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc...mp;s=7336015661

1.1-8.0 x ? ?mm
    FFP
    Horus H27 reticle
    Zero Stop
    0.1 mil clicks
    34mm tube
    Daylight visible illuminated 10 MOA dot

I hope they don't mind that I borrowed their pics;

DSC_0173-1.jpg

DSC_0174-1.jpg

DSC_0163-1.jpg

DSC_0179-1.jpg

DSC_0147-1.jpg

DSC_0148-1.jpg

Re: New Leupold CQBSS?

Its tough to use back up Iron sites when you have to get out your torque wrench to use them.

It looks like they fixed some of my complaints with the CQC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its tough to use back up Iron sites when you have to get out your torque wrench to use them.

It looks like they fixed some of my complaints with the CQC. </div></div>

Nice catch.

ARs simply call for QD mounts/bases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">theres no way thats a leupold, its too...perfect... </div></div>

still wondering about quality and durability...

wow, it looks like leupold stepped up their game a bit, but for 2600!!!! id rather stick with a S&B short dot.

the knobs look a bit slippery too, compared to sb,uso and nf, but thats just by the looks, maybe it actually is "grippy"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">theres no way thats a leupold, its too...perfect... </div></div>

+ eleventy billion

I am pretty skeptical giving luppy 2600 bones for any of their scopes.... USO et al have a better track record.

Wait a second. A guy makes a remark that he read the price of $2600 on another board, didn't provide a link for "verification" (as if an online forum can really be used for such), and we're now making all of our comments based on the price that has not been substantiated in any way shape or form?

Wow.

mk4's go for around 1300 or so, I'd bet they're twice as proud of this one.

if it is 2600 I doubt it'll fly off the shelves.

it is speced out pretty sweet though

Also know that an exorbitant amount of the cost (no matter what it is) goes to pay for that goddamn Horus reticle.

Here's to wishing the 0.1 mil turrets find their way onto the Mark 4 models.

The worst part is, most people who would get issued a scope can't even use the knobs correctly without a three or four day school, then they just say,"Shoot, I'll just set it for 100M and use it that way since I won't be shooting past that anyway. Besides, I can always move up or down if it's closer or farther"(in my best Soldier drool voice).
    Out of ten people who I try to explain MOA, or mil dots to, one understands, the rest just glaze over...

This scope looks pretty darn good.

I read somewhere that the upcoming Premier Reticle 1.1-8X will also have a price tag around $2600. Now, NEITHER of these prices have been confirmed as far as I know.

Either way, this scope looks pretty impressive and I'll be looking forward to getting either it or the PR once a detailed review is available.

I've used the prototype. $2K or a bit more is what it's looking like. It is an awesome setup. A couple teammates and I were talking about the things that we wanted in a low powered variable for the recces, and how manufactures listen to people that don't have a clue when they design optics. The only one that was truly sound was the 1.1-4x ShortDot. We wanted 1-6x or 1-8x, FFP, a daylight visible dot using "Flashdot" technology, Mil turrets, zero stop, and a minimalist reticle (bonus if it was Mil based) that does not clutter the view at low power. Two weeks later I was holding the prototype CQBSS in my grubby mitts!

It is the year of 1-8's. S&B has a 1.1-8x ShortDot as well as Ziess having one. However they are going to be off the charts expensive.

That's some cash. Maybe us poor kids can pick up some nice used S&B Short Dots for sale
    smile.gif

I'm glad to see the very low to medium magnification scopes evolving. I've been wanting one of these but none really had everything I was looking for.

I'm pretty shocked that Leupold is actually comming out with something competitive rather than just relying on their name and ability to secure gov contracts. I was completly underwhelmed with the stats on their prototype 34mm MK4.

I'm interested to see all the different offerings that come out of shot show and what actual street prices will be.

In that same thread on Lightfighter if you look farther into the thread, there is a post with a phone number for sales and the price info. He called Loopy and they quoted him a price of $3800.

Lightfighter seems to be dead. Message says their account was suspended.

premier does have a new 1.1-8 scope, msrp will be 2900.
    3-8 power it will use FFP Gen 2 cqb ret.
    1.1-3 power it will do some sorta hokey pokey switch magically to SFP with projected red dot.

That's one of the prototypes, the actual production scopes won't be that nice (just kidding). I looked through one at the SHOT show a couple days ago, it was the most un-Leupold Leupold I ever saw. It's pretty hefty, but all the 1.1-8x scopes are big by necessity, and the reticle was very nice. The red dot wasn't working right, it bloomed at higher magnifications, but maybe that's some neat feature I didn't realize. S&B and Premier also had 1.1-8x24mm prototype scopes at the show.

The Premier scope has a Hall-effect switch in the magnification ring. As you increase the magnification from 1.1x, at some point (roughly 3x) the red dot turns off and the Gen II reticle is illuminated instead. IIRC, the red dot is in the second focal plane and stays the same size, while the Gen II is in the first focal plane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tough_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that same thread on Lightfighter if you look farther into the thread, there is a post with a phone number for sales and the price info. He called Loopy and they quoted him a price of $3800. </div></div>

$3800 on the CQBSS, that's got to be either a bad joke, misinformation or that CSR is having you purchase two units, one for you and one for them, lol
    crazy.gif
    ?

It looks like a very nice scope with all the "bells & whistles". The big question (besides ACTUAL price) is going to be the quality. Leupy's quality has been slipping (to put it mildly) in the last few years. If they can bring this scope to market with the same quality that made Leupy such a popular scope and then put a realistic price tag on it, they'll have a winner. If not, they wont be selling alot of units.

Any word on this scope? is it worth the hype? I am looking at the SB and the PR 1x8 as well

Does anyone know what happened with this scope?
    Does Leupold have a contract to make them for a service branch?

I got a note from Leupold and they said they were filling orders for the CQBSS. SWFA said they should be receiving some perhaps in Jan

I looked for it on their site and could not find it, thought they had pulled it back.

Where is it?

It's about time they followed up the abysmal cqb with something. We'll see if this sucks ass or not too.

But naturally the price point looks to be ridiculous

Probably wont be getting one at 5K I'll keep looking till the price settles a little. It should be close to the SB and PR at some point. Even the March 1x10 does not cost that much.

it looks to be a very nice scope and for someone who did buy their 1 x 3 CQT this is a huge step-up by Leupold. But, the price range is making it more for the military and not for us poor working slobs. If they go over 2K it will be a low selling product to the public...2K is ridiculous to me. In all my priority to buy items at that amount of money it would be so low on my buy list I would never get it.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity for SWFA if they decide to offer their scope in 1-8x24, 1-4 definitely will not work for me.

These guys are showing the proposed recticle. The one I just got has the R-TMR recticle. Leupold says the H-27 won't be available till 1st qtr 2011. It will run about $600 more than the one I have I am told. If you want one you can do much better than these guys price. Just let me know and I might be able to help you out.

5k....?! Not a snowballs chance in the burning pit of hell....

Anyone have any real, verifiable pricing information on these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it looks to be a very nice scope and for someone who did buy their 1 x 3 CQT this is a huge step-up by Leupold. But, the price range is making it more for the military and not for us poor working slobs. If they go over 2K it will be a low selling product to the public...2K is ridiculous to me. In all my priority to buy items at that amount of money it would be so low on my buy list I would never get it. </div></div>

I spoke with a Leupold product manager, this is aimed at military contracts period.. they don't care if they sell a single one to the civilian market

understandable from a business point of view

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I spoke with a Leupold product manager, this is aimed at military contracts period.. they don't care if they sell a single one to the civilian market

understandable from a business point of view </div></div>

wonder what their plan B is, if .mil picks another vendor.....

There are 4 new leupold Mark 4 coming out, SWFA is selling all of them including the one in this forum in the near future perhaps Dec10-Mar11. I thought it wouldn't be until June next year but who knows anything anymore. Sort of Like Vortex PST wait, and wait, and wait...

http://swfa.com/Leupold-Mark-4-HAMR-Riflescopes-C3459.aspx

http://swfa.com/Leupold-11-8x24-Mark-8-CQBSS-34mm-Riflescope-P48095.aspx

http://swfa.com/Leupold-65-20x50-Mark-4-ERT-34mm-Riflescope-P48098.aspx
    http://swfa.com/Leupold-65-20x50-Mark-4-ERT-34mm-Riflescope-P48099.aspx

However the prices are crazy...really crazy,

Oh yeah all the new scopes are 34mm except the HAMR ones (30mm), Leupold also doubled the wall thickness of the scopes from the 30mm ones, still unknown how much more elevation adjustment but heard rumors that it was close to 36mils on the 6.5 X 20x 50. I heard these where a big disappointment in terms of glass quality at the last shot show too and that the new turrets that you squeeze to turn are kind of weird, does anyone have any hands on experience with these?

Is Premier or SB going to put the H27 in their 1x8 scopes?

Mile High Shooting posted that you can order the H27 in an S&B 4-16x PMII as a $500 upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mile High Shooting posted that you can order the H27 in an S&B 4-16x PMII as a $500 upgrade. </div></div>

Good to know.