• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New lightweight Gamechanger/Saracen fill (Git-Lite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Git-Lite in my Commanche, its stupid light with that fill, just over a pound. For the last couple matches since adopting this fill I took to clipping my Commanche bag to my belt loops. I never know its there and I always have it handy. I also performed an experiment where I put my rifle on a bag on target (settled in) on both a game changer with normal fill and a Commanche with Git-Lite. After ten minutes both rifles were still on target. Its not scientific, hell it might not even be applicable, but it showed me that the fill was performing similarly.

I need to fill my Clede now.

If anyone has some extra left over (enough to fill a pint sized gamechanger), I'd like to try this stuff out. Willing to pay of course.

You a posting business / read commercial sales links all over the site,

The rules expressly forbid companies and businesses even ones like yours without being a commercial sales sponsor

Last edited by a moderator:
Last summer I was tasked by law enforcement and military customers of mine to find a lighter fill to reduce their load but still have the bags work the way they should.

I searched and searched and have used the stuff B2B has as well as Git-Lite. I’ve been using the Git-Lite since late last summer. It seriously is the best as far as reduction in weight and no degradation in performance. I have sent it to be tested by special operators, snipers, law enforcement snipers, as well as competitors and myself. I have used it in the balmy -40 weather we have here in Northern Montana and close to 100 degrees and no change on its performance.

We are extremely happy to be able to have it available for our products.

Thanks!

Chas

Reactions: HR218 and smokeon
Got the mini bag 2 weeks ago and I like it. it's not only versatile, but cuts down significant weight in my pack. in the lighter version.

After filling my 2 Warhorse bags I used the extra fill to make a Tab gear sized rear bag. 500D nylon, no straps, velcro opening to adjust the fill. Works really well, weighs almost nothing. I have an incredible place to shoot in the mountains, but have to pack everything in on my back. I will take any weight savings I can get. Many thanks.

Reactions: montana3gunner
So I've been using a Wiebad tac pad as a rear bag because it's plenty for field matches and can be used as a positional bag for double duty. Weighs about 14oz.

Bought a modular version of the same bag, added about a pound, so it's heavier than the old fill but not horrible at all, especially given that it ate up more fill than the Saracen.

Noticeably more stable than the ultralight fill.

So I've been using a Wiebad tac pad as a rear bag because it's plenty for field matches and can be used as a positional bag for double duty. Weighs about 14oz.

Bought a modular version of the same bag, added about a pound, so it's heavier than the old fill but not horrible at all, especially given that it ate up more fill than the Saracen.

Noticeably more stable than the ultralight fill.

Just to clarify, you filled the modular bag with git lite and it only added a pound compared to the wiebad tac pad ultralight fill?

Just over a pound, went from 14oz to I think 2lb 4oz, added 1 lb 6 oz

The B2B fill is not the same, at all.

GL just works differently and feels different than you are used to.

Can anyone provide a comparison between Git-lit and Spex*Lite 5524B for a Gamechanger. My priority would be stability first and light weight second.

Thanks,

Rasyad

I put Git-Lite in my Gamechanger and noticed a difference in stability from the heavy fill. A pretty significant difference. It is lighter and I do prefer the way it flows over the other lighter fills. It does flow like a heavier fill which is nice when moving/building positions. Also, it is a little spongy. You are able to compress it with your fingers.

Honest opinion, I’ll keep running the standard fill. It’s hard to beat how solid it is and I don’t mind the weight. I might keep the Git-lite for work stuff, but for matches, I’ll stick with the standard. You ARE losing some stability for the weight. I really think you just can’t get around that. So really shooters choice.

I just kept reading how it didn’t affect stability but cut the weight by over half, but I had different results. I’m also a decent shooter at best and by no means a pro PRS shooter so maybe I just suck and need that heavy fill.

Bottom line to me, it depends on the application and if you don’t mind giving up some stability for a really lightweight bag. It’s a good LIGHTWEIGHT fill.

Has anybody changed the fill in the original game changer and think it wasn't enough fill? I'm about to put the heavy fill back in it, unless your using it on a barricade, fence, door sill it's not filled enough to be effective using it parallel to the seams. Just not enough of it in my opinion.

I put Git-Lite in my Gamechanger and noticed a difference in stability from the heavy fill. A pretty significant difference. It is lighter and I do prefer the way it flows over the other lighter fills. It does flow like a heavier fill which is nice when moving/building positions. Also, it is a little spongy. You are able to compress it with your fingers.

Honest opinion, I’ll keep running the standard fill. It’s hard to beat how solid it is and I don’t mind the weight. I might keep the Git-lite for work stuff, but for matches, I’ll stick with the standard. You ARE losing some stability for the weight. I really think you just can’t get around that. So really shooters choice.

I just kept reading how it didn’t affect stability but cut the weight by over half, but I had different results. I’m also a decent shooter at best and by no means a pro PRS shooter so maybe I just suck and need that heavy fill.

Bottom line to me, it depends on the application and if you don’t mind giving up some stability for a really lightweight bag. It’s a good LIGHTWEIGHT fill.
If you don’t mind a standard weight you should check out our fill. We had a ton of people asking for us to sell it separately and finally are going to do it. We have a few testing it now with very good reports. It will make the bag more dead feeling because the fill doesn’t slip around in itself. We think the need for a fill to “flow” is overrated and counterproductive. Watch the demo video of our rear bag on the home page to get a sense of how it reacts. Its no heavier than a standard fill but looks to weigh a ton the way it reacts in the video. We are ramping up supply and will start shipping it soon.
https://precisionundergroundriflegear.com/product/purg-locking-bag-filler-preorder/

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasyad
Some posts here crossed the line into PX territory, and the seller was running commercial sales without being signed up as a commercial vendor.
This is disrespectful to the good people who support this site with their Commercial Account participation, and while we encourage startups to bring their new products here for discussion, we are not going to allow them "cut in line" ahead of the people who help to keep the lights on.

@montana3gunner - Contact @Lowlight to become a Snipershide Site Supporter. It's well worth the investment.

Some posts here crossed the line into PX territory, and the seller was running commercial sales without being signed up as a commercial vendor.
This is disrespectful to the good people who support this site with their Commercial Account participation, and while we encourage startups to bring their new products here for discussion, we are not going to allow them "cut in line" ahead of the people who help to keep the lights on.

@montana3gunner - Contact @Lowlight to become a Snipershide Site Supporter. It's well worth the investment.

My apologies, will definitely do that. I was just doing my best to answer questions that arose.

Reactions: Tucker301
I wish I knew what the hell I posted that was deleted or in anyway considered selling anything of any kind in this thread.. or why I received the notice requesting I set up a commercial account

Reactions: earthquake
Status
Not open for further replies.