• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Location for Underground Skunkworks

Re: New Location for Underground Skunkworks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: primer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best of luck with your new location! Glad to see your not far from my retirement pad in Whitehall...I've been thinking about a left handed 338 build, and love the look of some of your rifles. </div></div>

Thanks Primer. I like the Whitehall area as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,
I haven't completed the website yet, but here is the list of mods performed to the Marlin Lever Gun:

•Shorten and re-crown barrel at 16.5"
•Shorten magazine tube if required
•Custom LPA ghost ring sight system with single post front sight
•Premium quality dovetail fill to replace factory rear sight
•Custom enlarged lever loop
•Smooth all ports, inside and out
•Modify loading gate for easier loading & unloading
•Extensive action smoothing
•Stainless steel follower
•Trigger job with DRC trigger
•Bobbed hammer
•Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad
•Custom leather butt-cuff ammunition carrier
•Custom padded "Slimline" leather sling
•Complete action dehorning
•Satin matte metal prep and bluing

We do a lot of 45-70's and have performed the same mods on the pistol calibers as well. Of course, the 30-30 has been a big hit. Give me a call or shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss pricing....Thanks.... </div></div>

Didn't know you were also building custom lever action rifles; I have a co-worker to refer to you, Mike.

Did you ever get your CRF action done?

Can't wait to see it,

Mike,

Thanks for the time the other night to discuss the brake and my options. I really had to scratch my head after hanging up and had some ideas but figured that leaving it alone is the best course of action. Keeping it simple is going to be the name of the game.

It sounds like the wheels of progress are chugging right along back there and with any luck it'll be done soon!

Cheers - Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to see it, </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varget 7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope the best for you and hope you continue to grow! </div></div>

Thanks Guys, we're finally starting to get our rhythm back after the move. New machines are great, but they can bring along a new set of troubles as well. The new blast cabinet was supposed to be delivered weeks ago and it somehow ended up in Denver....Now I'm told that it'll arrive next week, but there are no assurances....We're getting there, so bear with us a little....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Thanks for the time the other night to discuss the brake and my options. I really had to scratch my head after hanging up and had some ideas but figured that leaving it alone is the best course of action. Keeping it simple is going to be the name of the game.

It sounds like the wheels of progress are chugging right along back there and with any luck it'll be done soon!

Cheers - Todd </div></div>

Thanks Todd and call anytime, although I know your location may prevent that on a regular basis. We're done with the exception of some final small detail work, but we can't do that until we have the last component in hand. Thanks and I'll be in touch soon....

Mike I am looking at a couple of long range builds. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on options other than 300 and 338. I will give you a call to see if we can put something together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boxsrus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike I am looking at a couple of long range builds. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on options other than 300 and 338. I will give you a call to see if we can put something together. </div></div>

Sounds good Box, give me a call at the shop anytime....Thanks....

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike. He took time to give me a call back after being on the road. It has been said here before but I will say it again Mike is a great guy to deal with! Look forward to getting the 2 new builds we put together!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the new shop! </div></div>

Thanks Flounder, Much appreciated....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boxsrus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to say thanks to Mike. He took time to give me a call back after being on the road. It has been said here before but I will say it again Mike is a great guy to deal with! Look forward to getting the 2 new builds we put together! </div></div>

It was a pleasure speaking with you Scott and I'm available anytime....

Just a little off topic, but:

I have a 911 Standalone receiver that I requested some additional work done on by UGSW after I'd had the receiver for a few weeks.

Mike was great to talk to on the phone, the receiver went out on Tuesday morning last week, arrived Thursday, was updated and shipped out on Thursday. I had it BACK IN MY HANDS on Saturday, 4 days door to door.

The work is very nicely done and I couldn't be happier with how it was handled. Thank you!

I received an e-mail on May 6 from the company that hosts my website letting me know that as of May 20, they'll no longer be in business. This means that my site will no longer be a live site on the internet.

Basically, I now have less than two weeks to find a programmer and re-create my website and if I run into delays, there may be some down-time. My goal is to re-create my site, but with the addition of a lot of product that isn't currently featured.

Hopefully, this will be a seamless transition....

Yeah... like you needed another extra-credit project right now...

Good luck, Mike.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received an e-mail on May 6 from the company that hosts my website letting me know that as of May 20, they'll no longer be in business. This means that my site will no longer be a live site on the internet.

Basically, I now have less than two weeks to find a programmer and re-create my website and if I run into delays, there may be some down-time. My goal is to re-create my site, but with the addition of a lot of product that isn't currently featured.

Hopefully, this will be a seamless transition.... </div></div>

Mike should be a snap, you own your site and its content, all you have to do is change the host (server) easy should take a day tops. you should not loose anything.

This isn't really something to stress out about... and this a10xrifle cat is right.

1. You are hosted at http://www.gsihosting.com

This is what the ARIN record says, and they are still running ads, and stated as of this AM they are not going anywhere. At least thats what they told me, and they are running some very active Ad Campaigns.

2. You may be buying your service froma reseller that is going out of business.

3. You can call GSI and say hey, I am hosted with you guys ... thorugh these guys, can you recomend another reseller... and the transition should be relatively painless.

OR....

1. FTP or SSH to your server/account/directory

2. Back up your site, to your local drive

3. It doesnt look like you have any type of complex stuff going on... so..

4. You do not need a programmer, but rather like ... a basic technical person...

5. and have then upload your site to a new host, give it a quick QA check, forms and links and pics, and spend a few hours tweaking this or that.

6. You should be able to find one of these people on craigs list, and depending on their horuly rate, this whole process from when the get access to the old site, through finding a new host and opening an account, through transfering the site, through the QA check, and DNS change... to your site coming back online and being as it is now.. could be done in less then 8 hours. ( the variables are what "breaks" in the transfer and the time it takes to fix those things.

7. The only other factor is DNS, who is controlling it... what the TTL is set to.

8. Otherwise... if you get on this now... It will be a non issue tomorrow morning.

In regards to Item 2 & 3 above.

You are actually hosted with a company called Hermeris or something like that ( sounds like an STD, doesn't it)

They are a GSI reseller, that is why Arin has that IP associated with GSI ( technically they should have corrected that)

Anyway.. GSI provides larger dedicated solutions.

They have another reseller called Admo or just do everything above and get a go daddy account.

Hermeris also provides your DNS ( like internet directions to your site ) you have to call them today and have them set a low TTL, because you are moving your site, then just use godaddy's ( your registrar's DNS ) from the roll over.

Seems my website is down at the moment. I have someone working on the issue, but not sure when it will be resolved. Apparently, I'm not getting all of my e-mail either. Standby....

I've verified this morning that I'm receiving e-mail, but in a limited capacity. I believe most of what is being sent to me is bouncing back (judging by the number of phone calls).

If you're having trouble getting through to me via e-mail, call the shop number: 406-892-1850. I'm at home at the moment, so leave a message. Later today, I'll forward the shop number to my cell for the weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried to send you one last night and it came back. </div></div>

Yep. Highly frustrated. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy and now my e-mail is back up and running. The domain transfer is complete and now I have to get my site back online. Standby....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried to send you one last night and it came back. </div></div>

Yep. Highly frustrated. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy and now my e-mail is back up and running. The domain transfer is complete and now I have to get my site back online. Standby....</div></div>

So much for having the weekend off!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried to send you one last night and it came back. </div></div>

Yep. Highly frustrated. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy and now my e-mail is back up and running. The domain transfer is complete and now I have to get my site back online. Standby....</div></div>

So much for having the weekend off! </div></div>

Exactly. Good talking to you again yesterday Dan....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far are you from Lone Wolf Rifle stocks? </div></div>

Less than 3 miles.

Mike,

You're all over it like a spider monkey!

Keep up the great work boss.

Cheers - Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

You're all over it like a spider monkey!

Keep up the great work boss.

Cheers - Todd </div></div>

Thanks Todd....and on that note, your rifle is finished!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to get your Wild Call/hunting alter-ego brand website up one of these days. </div></div>

You're absolutely right and movement is afoot. I have a few surprises coming down the pike....Standby....