• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New long range chassis on the market

NonCompliance

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2013
Hello fellow shooters just wanted to do a brief introduction. I am a new forum vendor as well as a long time shooter and disabled OEF vet. Im here to show you our product as well as take suggestions for future ideas as I am constantly striving to improve on the equipment that is available to us gun enthusiast.

These are 100% made and assembled in the USA. The current chassis system for Remington 700 Short Action is in production with the long action version soon to follow. Savage L/A now available as well.

Additional parts such as add-on free float forends, folding stock options, bolt knobs, and muzzle brakes will be available shortly. Our chassis is made from high quality 6065-T6 aluminum with aircraft grade 7075 employed where extra durability is needed. Type III MilSpec 8625 Hard Coat Anodizing is used to protect the surface and provide years of every day use. All hardware as well as the mag release system is made from alloy steel and is black oxide coated. The mag release system is easy to reach with a small "wing" on either side for trigger finger manipulation. The stock itself rides on two rails and has adjustment for length of pull as well as cheek rest elevation. The buttpad mounting plate also has a minor adjustment for smaller shooters.

The front of the chassis has two holes on either side where the optional free float forends will bolt on. Underneath it has a standard picatinny rail milled for bipod mounting. On the model shown below we have a standard bipod adapter mounted with a 6"-9" bipod. The chassis system is very light while maintaining rock solid rigidity. It accepts standard Accuracy International mags. Pictured is a Alpha Industries mag which we also used for testing.

Any comments, questions, suggestions are welcome.

CIMG8158_Knockout_zps33281097.jpg

CIMG8161logo_zps7b16b22c.jpg

CIMG8166logo_zps4e2e2a93.jpg

Last edited:
Looks EDM Windrunner-ish.

Bipod looks pretty far back.

Exact weight?

Price point?

Might wanna consider AW magazine compatibility.

There is a for sale ad in the commercial vendor section that gives pricing. Not entirely sure about what all can be said in the general forums as far as "for sale" type language is concerned and I dont want to violate any rules in my first few post.

Folding stock option is in the works now. As for the bipod location, it can be changed to a more standard forward location with the addition of the optional free float forend. I will have to confirm with my engineering guy but Im thinking weight is somewhere around 7 lbs. It is considerably light, especially for an all aluminum chassis. I might also add that we offer digital pixodized anodizing with various patterns including A-Tacs, ACU, 3 color Woodland, Desert ACU, 4 color Woodland, and Tiger Stripe.

Wait, is this the nemesis rifle?

As seen in Recoil issue 6.......
9evuhy9u.jpg

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

Last edited:
There is a for sale ad in the commercial vendor section that gives pricing. Not entirely sure about what all can be said in the general forums as far as "for sale" type language is concerned and I dont want to violate any rules in my first few post.

Folding stock option is in the works now. As for the bipod location, it can be changed to a more standard forward location with the addition of the optional free float forend. I will have to confirm with my engineering guy but Im thinking weight is somewhere around 7 lbs. It is considerably light, especially for an all aluminum chassis. I might also add that we offer digital pixodized anodizing with various patterns including A-Tacs, ACU, 3 color Woodland, Desert ACU, 4 color Woodland, and Tiger Stripe.

7lbs chassis only?

No. That nemesis thing is the EDM Wind runner thing, but I think EDM sold the rights. Anyway, no. Different thing all together.

I was just citing the similarity in a sarcastic question. They are very similar, but the nemesis is a takedown rifle, this is not.

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364963831.495842.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364963831.495842.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 26
That thing looks like junk. Sorry, my opinion only.

Rich

Looks kinda EDM knockoffish. Cheek rest looks uncomfortable and it looks like prone only. In matches where you shoot through port holes, off hand, or other odd positions, that thing looks awkward at best. Maybe the ff tube that is coming will help.
7lbs as it sits is pretty darn heavy.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he meant 7 pounds for the whole rig, I don't see 7 lbs. in that chassis. Make a folder with stream lined folder mechanism, Ambi flush cups on each side and a small ergonomic forend that's modular with built in flush cups, so they don't protrude. The forend could "slide" onto that 1913 base and only be 6-8" in length. Recess the cheekpiece screws, make everything smooth without hooks, bolts, knobs and strike plates and zombie spikes everywhere.

oh--forgot one thing--MAKE IT FOR A WIN70/FN ACTION USING TBM'S!!!---PLEASE.

I want the make a light model 70 for hunting.

Does the cheek piece adjust left to right as well as up and down? I don't think it looks uncomfortable at all. You really should post up a pic with the tube attached. As another mentioned, it's prone off a bipod or nothing with it as it is shown.

More pictures would be awesome. Showing us the stock in action would also be great. It looks light weight and modular but with no fore-end I have no idea how I would stand and shoot it.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was way off on the weight. It actually only comes in at 4.1 lbs including the fore end, buttpad, and the grip. For those of you that ask about a website, it is listed below. There are lots more pictures of the chassis on there in the photo section.

http://www.appliedweaponstech.com/

proshot9_zps126145d0.jpg

proshot6_zps09a81bd5.jpg

proshot8_zpsa184a93d.jpg

Last edited:
NICE! AR pistiol grip (customizable), simple and solid design (light yet fully adjustable). My HS Precision/Rem .300 Win Mag would fit that nicely when it comes out in long action.

But PLEASE don't make the free-floating forearm so damn big that the scope is high above the barrel like the Army's XM 2010. That Canadian stock (and their newer variations) put the scope much too high, as if all your shots would be offhand.

One of the reasons I like DTA rifles is the Picatinny rail is not high.

Last edited:
Is there any option attaching a monopod or a sliding tybe for bag support ?

Not for the stock that you see pictured. If you look at the rear of the chassis receiver though you will see that it is attached with allen heads on either side. We are making two different stock versions right now that replaced the rails and the entire stock. One is a folder which will incorporate the same design you see above but it will fold and one is simply a block that will accept an AR buffer tube. That will allow you to use any current AR stock option (Magpul, OEM, etc.)

NICE! AR pistiol grip (customizable), simple and solid design (light yet fully adjustable). My HS Precision/Rem .300 Win Mag would fit that nicely when it comes out in long action.

But PLEASE don't make the free-floating forearm so damn big that the scope is high above the barrel like the Army's XM 2010. That Canadian stock (and their newer variations) put the scope much too high, as if all your shots would be offhand.

One of the reasons I like DTA rifles is the Picatinny rail is not high.

There is a picture above of the CAD file screenshot that shows the forend we are making. Should have it turned out within a couple days.

First of all the quality looks fine. Second here are things I would need to make it user friendly for myself...
A. rear support for rear bag.
B. The bipod would need to be moved forward unless I was running a very short barrel.

I think it is a fine option for those that shoot mods out there.

Looks to me like the model in your photos is angled way off to the side instead of directly behind the rifle. You might have him straighten up before the next photo shoot.

I'm looking forward to seeing the fore end.

I would want an ENCLOSED forearm so a Picatinny rail could be mounted on top (and elsewhere).

Thats actually exactly what it is going to be. It will be two piece though for those that dont want anything on top.

I suggest:

Mount a top end scope like a Bender or USO, and an Atlas bipod.

Get a professional photographer.

These two things will help make the product appear more legit and badass, which sadly, is important.

In earnest.

Looks good! I have always wanted to build a rem 700 based Nemesis style rifle.

Price and better pics please.:)

That thing looks like junk. Sorry, my opinion only.

Rich

Our chassis is made from 6065 and 7075 aluminum alloys. Both of which are stronger than the competitions 6061. 7075 is actually stronger than some steel alloys.

Also we type III mil spec hardcoat our chassis while the competition only does a much cheaper type II coating. For reference that's the same coating used on paintball guns.

You decide which is inferior and made from cheaper materials with a significantly less wear resistant coating.

Last edited:
Our chassis is made from 6065 and 7075 aluminum alloys. Both of which are stronger than the competitions 6061. 7075 is actually stronger than some steel alloys.

Also we type III mil spec hardcoat our chassis while the competition only does a much cheaper type II coating. For reference that's the same coating used on paintball guns.

You decide which is inferior and made from cheaper materials with a significantly less wear resistant coating.

Im not saying the materials or coatings you chose are junk, but the ergo and end user ability for field and match use. The chassis is fine for prone shooting but for any other uses it basically is useless. Incorporate a full handguard for unsupported use or improvised shooting positions. Try using your stock weakside and unsupported and let us know. Look at the xlr or ax or aics or apo or ... As long as i have been shooting i have never seen an edm version chassis system at a match.

Rich

Being a big AR nut, I've always wanted to see a 700 chassis that would accept AR grips, AR stocks, and AR hand-guards (which would require the use of a barrel nut).

That setup looks like it has potential, but you're basically only showing a half-executed idea....wait until you can show the whole thing as a system and I think you'll get better, more meaningful responses.

Looks pretty cool, if you could PM me the price for a savage long action I may put in an order before they are made, if possible. Thanks and good work

I would want an ENCLOSED forearm so a Picatinny rail could be mounted on top (and elsewhere).

Hello Eric. Thanks for your interest in our chassis system. Below is a screen shot of the forend design. The actual parts are all off getting coated. I am posting this picture to give you a better idea of how this system will work. As you can see from the photos you can move all the picatinny rails up and down the free float. Also the top enclosure can be moved forward and aft to multiple positions. The top enclosure can also be ordered in various lengths. There is also a rail on the bottom for users who wish to move the bipod further forward. I might also add that you can remove the picatinny rails from the for end all together for a much more streamlined look. But they are there for those who would like to mount NV equipment or other accessories.

forend3_zpsdbfdf390.png

Last edited:
Looks interesting an has some potential. I tend to stay away from designs that aren't very ergonomic. I hunt with my rifles and it seems like the stock could easily get hung up on branches, fence wires, or cords very easily. Maybe some kind of skins system could be an option for the stock portion? If it's just used as a range and target rifle then it's fine. I also would have hoped to see the price come in a bit lower to compete with other chassis systems. I just can't help but realize its a hundred more than a proven McCree chassis system. But I do understand the costs of production these days and I do appreciate you supplying an innovative American product.

I like designs like this. They keep the industry fresh with new ideas and I would be interested with the handguard extended out and I could attach a magpul butt stock. The handguards need less steps though. I guess I don't understand the reason for the lower Picatinny rail. It just seems like a lot of angles. Ill be looking for a finished product soon though, please make one for a savage with 4.275 space.

CAN NOT BELEIVE no one has asked about bedding and pictures of the inside of the bedding area. SO WHAT IF IT looks cool or not. How is it bedded(does it bind the action) Can you replace the pistol grip (my guess is yes but you never know) Have you had this chassis tested by someone OTHER than your team for function and usage issues and if so WHO? Looks like it could go either way but could have a place.

Im also thinking this could be marketed as a poor mans(or atleast a nonrich mans) "windrunner type" rifle. I know you are working on a folding option and a adaptor for AR style stocks but also think in the lines of compact and do a detachable stock adaptor in both so someone could store it in a small case.

Last edited:
Just thing
Just thinking out loud here but after looking at the website this thing could be good to go if (or when) they come out with the detachable stock adaptors. LOVE the look of the chassis not so much with the butt stock BUT add the XLR tactical butt stock (with a mono pod) on this with a detachable stock adaptor. THEN put on the detachable foreend that is in the works. The only thing you would need to do is either have a savage rifle (i.e. barrel nut) or a Rem-age (i.e again barrel nut) to make the barrel removeable. This COULD sell alot and very fast. IF it is bedded right (see above post) so people do not lose accuracy (and hopefully gain some) You sir might have something. (My intrest atleast)

Savage LA is now available for order. Actually got it done before the Remington LA

Can you cut out part of the magazine well on one side for ease of mag changes? Like the AX chassis? Only other suggestion is the same as all he above. Needs place for a rear bag to be used.

I'd add an adapter so that AR type butt stocks can be added---make it folding.

as mentioned, don't care for the cheek piece. Don't care for the forend...instead of it being undercut, maybe have it run straight out from the under rail, something of a more conventional forend.