• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new long range shooter equipment question

Ghillie man

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2009
pittsburgh pa
i have been shooting since i was walking but never at long range my longest shooting is at 500 yards. i am building a long range gun and i dont no what the name is of the adjustible pack on the end of the stock the one you use to get the perfect cheek rest and hight. and if you can tell me where to get on and are any better than others. thanks

Re: new long range shooter equipment question

Are you talking about an adjustable stock or a separate thing you put on a stock?

TriadTactical.com

Just got a new stock pack from Steve this week. Excellent product and service.

The other option is a Karsten cheek peice. I have one of them and a TacOps cheek pad and honestly, kinda prefer the Tacops type which is more like a eagle stock pack but with 8 spots for rounds instead of 5. The Karsten is nice and far more adjustable but I like having the versitility of the pack style, both can however be used to together.