• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New look to my FNAR

nortac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
Texas
Thought I would post up the new look on my FNAR. I really hated that pistol grip stock and decided to make a change. McMillian and FN have come out with a new stock for their Match FNAR but McMillian told me was not to be sold separately. Bummer!

Still need to make some final adjustments on the check rest but this will work!

Do you think it looks better than factory?

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

Re: New look to my FNAR

<span style="font-weight: bold">That's one nice looking rifle!</span>

What stock did you use to make that? How did you modify it to fit? Thanks.

Oh, and, yeah . . . the bipod . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gabriel.338lapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">um...ps......your bipod.....um....... </div></div>

Its waaaay cooler that way . . . . .

Ya the bipod was really just for the pics. The gun does not need it as it is very light weight.

I have had the gun for a couple of years and it shoots exceptionally well for what it is. Right at an honest 1 MOA plus or minus 1/2 MOA.

The stock is a Browning ShortTrac Stalker. Fit is perfect and color matches up with the forend perfectly as well. I still need to do some fine tuning with the cheek rest though. Personally, I think it is far better than the cheesy pistol grip "tacticool" stock.

Looks much better than the pistol grip stock. I had a chance to buy one of these but I didn't care for the PG and wasn't sure at the time if a standard buttstock would fit.

I know it is ugly as hell, but what i love about my FNAR is how ergonomic it is. Its a blast to shoot because it is so comfortable.

This one definitely looks nice but I think it detracts from some of the qualities that make the FNAR so nice.

Still . . . sweet.

Hi, I was looking at your post and thinking to do the same set up + I would add the forend ( which seems to be compatible).

How do you like this set up and what is the weight now( No Mag)

I appreciate any help for my new build up.

Best
Ace

Ace,

The Browning ShortTrac Stalker forearm likely will not work on either of the FNAR barrel contours because they are larger. Might work on an FNAR Standard but would need some fitting. The largest Browning barrel is still smaller than the smallest FNAR barrel. Their contours are different as well.

I don't understand why everybody hates on the Pistol grip. Personally I like the feel of a pistol grip as long as its at the right angle

awesome! I have to find one of these stocks and try it out!

It would look better at my house but that ain't going to happen so I say two thumbs up

looks nice nortac . Here are a few shots of my FNAR with a Magpul PRS and folding assy.
DSC00280-s.jpgDSC00282-s.jpg

Thought I would post up the new look on my FNAR. I really hated that pistol grip stock and decided to make a change. McMillian and FN have come out with a new stock for their Match FNAR but McMillian told me was not to be sold separately. Bummer!

Still need to make some final adjustments on the check rest but this will work!

Do you think it looks better than factory?

Attachments

• DSC00287.jpg
    DSC00287.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00282.jpg
    DSC00282.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC00280.jpg
    DSC00280.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 195
Hey Petrol, Check the link for the FN forum. Ace makes all the parts you need. Installed an AK style grip, the swivel adapter and the PRS. Into the rear of the adapter, you screw a full length buffer tuber from an AR15. leave the spring out as it is only there to mount the PRS or other AR type butt stock.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fnar/34886-ace-fnar-receiver-block-folding-stock-sling-hook-magpul-afg.html

petrol said:
How did you get the magpul PRS on your FNAR?
MAGPUL Angled Fore Grip (AFG) $34.95
ACE FNAR Receiver Block $94.99
ACE M4 6-Position, Side Folding Stock $124.99
ACE Rail Hook Sling Mount/Tactical Bottle Opener $14.99

Last edited:
I had no probs with the looks of the factory stock. Looks kind of cool to me. It just didn't fit me. The PRS does. Lots more fun to shoot ( for me ) and less stress and strain staying on the scope.

is that what yours is exactly it looks really good and would help with transporting