• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New machine to clean brass

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
I bought this new machine to clean brass lavabossoli elettomagnetica LEM L.E.M. microaghi buratto magnetico L.E.M. LEM lavabossoli lavatrice elettromagnetica buratto elettromagnetico lavatrice ad aghi pulizia bossoli magnetic tumbler

this in the result after 45 minutes..

my video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201600516488672&l=7562795082588937182

inside you to put water, steel needles 3 mm ( also available in 4/5 mm ) lemon dishwashing detergent, a little quantity of liquid limestone ( a little spoon ) and you are to switch on......

Nice, It does what my Elmasonic Ultrasound cleaner does in 10 minutes

I have never seen what the big deal was for brass to be THAT shiny?

Unless it is to match your gold chains. :)

I only want it to be clean to not damage my dies. And clean of any foreign materials that may cause corrosion in storage.

It is like waxing a car. Does not make it go faster but shows pride in what you do.

I personally love the look of shinny brass for range use.

My tumbler would take a week to make it look near that good. Thank you for sharing

WTF... I clean my brass for hours in Dillon tumbler then size and THEN clean them in my Hornady sonic cleaner and they don't come out that clean...
You need to switch to stainless media, my brass comes out looking like that but it takes a few hours but I also run 100 308 at a time.
The Elmasonic I have has a timer, heater and does a fabulous job in a short time. I can also use it to submerge gun parts or handguns minus the grips for thorough cleanint in virtually no time and no effort. I got mine on line from these people. I got a good price and am thoroughly satisfied.

Bench Top Ultrasonic Units, Bench Top Ultrasonic Cleaners
Which model did you get and what kind of price are we talking. I like my stainless media for my brass but have contemplated getting a sonic cleaner for gun parts and small batches of brass.

I am using the Thumbler and the same stainless media. If I fill it up about 200 308 cases they come out like new in about 4 hours. If I am in a hurry I can go with a smaller qty and cut the time to about 2.5 hours. I usually fill it up to max and let it run while i am watching tv at night and shut it off when I go to bed. Works awesome, I have never used my media tumbler since.

Anyone who reloads and does not use a Tumbler + SS media is wrong. Without a doubt the best method and nothing will get your brass that clean.

Ive taken brass that has been out in the dirt for 20+ years.. all corroded to shit, and it comes out shiney as the day it was made. Its remarkable.

Dealing with the water/drying is much better than the dust and subpar cleaning from other dry media.

I bought this new machine to clean brass lavabossoli elettomagnetica LEM L.E.M. microaghi buratto magnetico L.E.M. LEM lavabossoli lavatrice elettromagnetica buratto elettromagnetico lavatrice ad aghi pulizia bossoli magnetic tumbler

this in the result after 45 minutes..

my video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201600516488672&l=7562795082588937182

inside you to put water, steel needles 3 mm ( also available in 4/5 mm ) lemon dishwashing detergent, a little quantity of liquid limestone ( a little spoon ) and you are to switch on......

price tag?

Anyone who reloads and does not use a Tumbler + SS media is wrong. Without a doubt the best method and nothing will get your brass that clean.

Ive taken brass that has been out in the dirt for 20+ years.. all corroded to shit, and it comes out shiney as the day it was made. Its remarkable.

Dealing with the water/drying is much better than the dust and subpar cleaning from other dry media.

do you belive clean brass shoot better then "dirty"?

do you belive clean brass shoot better then "dirty"?

Do you beleive that clean brass will result in less wear and tear on your reloading equipment along with less of a mess? Or that it will result in more consitant loads?

Do you beleive that clean brass will result in less wear and tear on your reloading equipment along with less of a mess? Or that it will result in more consitant loads?

Being that I, nor anyone I know has ever worn out a set if dies in the last 20 years, I would say ... No

And if u think extra clean brass will effect your group size, it sounds like you need a excuse for your OCD issues

37aa1767-63a2-48a1-b2e5-4275619aa573

Last edited:
There are BR guys that shoot amazingly tight groups by loading their ammo at the range, never tumbling it or even wiping it off. Some of the best groups in the world were fired with dirty brass.

I like clean brass for a couple reasons though. I like to know that storing it, its not going to be exposed to anything that are going to cause it to corrode. Secondly, if its shiny as possible, its easier to find it in the dirt and grass.

The point is, there is clean and then there is polished. Clean is enough to avoid issues. Beyond that, I don't see the point either.

pardon my ignorance on this but just why doesnt stainless media work in a vibratory cleaner? i have thought about this and just cannot come up with a reason.

Thumblers with SS media. I run a lot of brass. Clean and when at range there's my brass on the ground and then there's the "other" guys brass on the ground. So when I pick up other guys brass that he doesn't want, I know which is which to add to my reloading system. Once fired brass and so on. Also, when stored I don't have any issues with corrosiveness - Tylerw02.

To those that want to coat the brass since the Thumblers, SS Media and Lemashine take all the oils etc off the casing - you can apply NuFinish to your tumbers walnut media and run for about an hour or two and the Brass will be coated for storage. Nu Finish/Finish liquid car polish (NF76) | Wash, Wax and Interior Care Products | AutoZone.com

the pins in the center of the dish/disk seem stagnant. the outer ring where the magnets move would prob. work well but I would have my doubts about the center. I believe you would have cleanliness inconsistencies, I try to eliminate those if I can.