• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Magpul Pro Lite Chassis

Kinda cool. Price point is good too. Guessing we won't see them hit the shelves for a year but I'll have to keep it in mind when I get ready to rebarrel my .223.

I'm a fan of the Pro 700 and currently run two of them. Hard to believe they cut a pound in the stock alone. It appears to not be compatible with the folder. If true then it a no go for me.

Magpul
Longer forearm
Adjustable grip
barricade stop

KRG
Many more accessories
Tool less cheek and buttstock height/cant
1.4lbs lighter
$150 cheaper
tool less cheek and buttstock adjustment is extra, the cheap polymer one is 50 bucks add that to the base price of 360, the aluminum one is around 80 bucks.
yes, it is lighter, some folks want the weight, which is why KRG sells weights.
The butt stock on the Magpul is basically the PRS lite.
I REALLY like my magpul 700 Pro, but I also like my KRG bravo (so much that I have two).
I like both products, but I prefer the Magpul, but it isn't a fair comparison, as it cost 600 dollars more.

tool less cheek and buttstock adjustment is extra, the cheap polymer one is 50 bucks add that to the base price of 360, the aluminum one is around 80 bucks.
yes, it is lighter, some folks want the weight, which is why KRG sells weights.
I think you aren't looking at the post I quoted. The Xray comes with tool less cheek and butt stock height/cant adjustment.

For something labeled as "lite", I'm assuming it's appealing to the crowd looking to shed weight. That's why I listed as I did.

I think you aren't looking at the post I quoted. The Xray comes with tool less cheek and butt stock height/cant adjustment.

For something labeled as "lite", I'm assuming it's appealing to the crowd looking to shed weight. That's why I listed as I did.
You are correct, I had the Bravo in mind.
It is significantly lighter than the 700 pro, but heavier than the KRG

Lite is an odd word which has an interesting history, both in the vernacular and in advertising. In this case it probably has multiple meanings. Lighter than Pro, less features, less money……

7D238157-DCA3-46D6-9420-596C6C27947B.jpeg

Reactions: b6graham
Magpul
Longer forearm
Adjustable grip
barricade stop

KRG
Many more accessories
Tool less cheek and buttstock height/cant
1.4lbs lighter
$150 cheaper

True, I forgot the KRG's much lower price

Still a KRG fanboy

Well if the MSRP for the fixed pro chassis is 899, with a street price around $750, that would place the new lite chassis at about $499. Sounds a solid deal to me considering my MPA comp chassis was over $900. Apples to oranges maybe but on a 22lr, may be killer option.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Now that these seem to be shipping, can anyone confirm the folder compatibility? It looks like the piece attaching stock unit is similar to the pro 700.

I was looking at this in the LA, withe the folding stock but none are available right now.

Another question is if the night vision bridge that is available for the Pro 700 will also fit the Lite version? Are the forends the same?

Magpul has a pic on the product page of the Lite with the NV forend.

Upon more closely examining pics, there is a screw on each side of the folding hinge location on the pro 700, but only on the chassis side of the same location for the Lite. So I'm thinking probably not compatible. Additionally, I'm not sure if it would fit over a bolt handle even if you could get it to fold.

Was planning on one of these for a BA I have because the Bravo doesn’t work with the impacts. Any of these on the street yet some with some feedback?

Magpul responded to a comment on their product page stating that if the hinge is used, the stock cannot fold flat because the stock itself is larger. Implying the hinge CAN be used, but may not be ideal.