• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Manners EH-1

bornhunter04

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2011
STL, MO
I built my first custom on a new manners EH-1 Stock, and i must say, the stock is amazing. It's scary light but brought the right amount of balance/weight to the table i was looking for. Also, I can't say enough about Manners customer service, it is top notch!

Sorry for the pictures, should have turned the flash off....

Anyway, about the rifle:

Barrel and Action work Done by Wick Customs.
6.5CM
Stiller Tac30 Action
Bartlein Barrel from bugholes, Sendero Profile finished @ 22"
Fluted Barrel (8 flutes) with muzzle threads/thread protector
Manners EH-1
Seekins Bottom Metal for AICS Mags
Timney Trigger
Seekins Rings
Cerakoted OD Green
Vortex PST 6-24x50 FFP

The rifle is balanced perfectly without a bi-pod. not sure on weight but I think it's between 8 and 9lbs still need to weight it. I can also hold the rifle to my shoulder using only my left hand, so it's not nose heavy at all (of course this is without bi-pod, i know that will change the balance a bit but, i'm extremely pleased with how it all turned out) Can't wait to hunt with it.

IMG_20130912_190145_951_zps41dda2e2.jpg

IMG_20130912_190222_458_zps8eecf681.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20130912_190429_567_zps483a4e33.jpg

IMG_20130912_190444_709_zps5196b698.jpg

IMG_20130912_190507_487_zps165a5760.jpg

These groups were shot using an hs precision stock my .308 sits in. I think I can tighten them up a bit with the new stock.

41.2gr of H4350 gets me 2607 out of the 22" barrel and the 40.5gr of RL17 get's me 2659 (but RL17 has a much larger ES and SD) where as H4350 only had a 12 or 13 FPS ES.

IMG_20130515_211602_446_zps086fcca9.jpg

very nice, did you get a weight on the stock before you assembled it? I am having almost the same rifle built right now and not sure what contour barrel I want due to not knowing the weight of the stock.
I was thinking about a #4 Bartlein.
Thanks

very nice, did you get a weight on the stock before you assembled it? I am having almost the same rifle built right now and not sure what contour barrel I want due to not knowing the weight of the stock.
I was thinking about a #4 Bartlein.
Thanks

I didn't weight it but the listed weight that manners gave felt like it's spot on. These stocks are very light, doesn't weight anything!

I didn't weight it but the listed weight that manners gave felt like it's spot on. These stocks are very light, doesn't weight anything!

Ok, Thanks. Let us know what the whole rig weighs when you get a chance, please.

Very nice rifle, well put together, looks like a hammer.

I've got one of the new EH series and I agree they are super light but very strong.

I would love to hear your velocities with the 130-120 class bullets and that 22" barrel. I'm considering doing something similar in the future. Please keep us updated as you try different combinations.

Very nice rifle, well put together, looks like a hammer.

I've got one of the new EH series and I agree they are super light but very strong.

I would love to hear your velocities with the 130-120 class bullets and that 22" barrel. I'm considering doing something similar in the future. Please keep us updated as you try different combinations.

Will do. I plan on doing some testing here in the next few weeks. Picked, up some 140gr SST's to work up a deer load with, so I've got to start playing with those. I've also got some 129gr SST's to play with and some 120gr amax bullets as well.

I like that stock. Palm swell looks comfortable to shoot. Have you shot it yet? Better groups?

Are you planning to dip or paint the stock at all to go along with that action?

I have the same stock ordered for my 6.5 RSAUM build. looking forward to it.

Manners is saying that they are 26-27oz. Can't wait!

havent had a chance to get it out yet with the new stock. but when they say 26oz for the stock weight they mean it.

Great rig. I have become addicted to both Manners stocks and Stiller actions. I am leaning towards the EH-4 for a lightweight hunter on my next build. Seeing yours is making me hungry for it.

I just got an email from Manners on friday saying that my EH1 will be shipping in 2 weeks.