• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New March 1.5-15x42mm

Good grief. If you need that to focus, better find a different scope 🤣
View attachment 7496283
Yeah, let me explain. First, I'm an old geezer with arthritis in my left hand. This makes it painful and difficult to turn a focus knob with that hand when I'm in position. Second, when I shoot a 1000 yards match, I like to check the mirage at closer ranges and then pop back to 1000 to take the shot. This wheel makes is super easy to do that, just crank back a certain amount and then crank it back to the proper setting in an instant.

You can get the middle wheel that fits your focus knob and that's the one I have on my March 1.5-15X42 as you can see in the picture earlier. On my March-X 10-60X56 HM on my F-TR match rifle, I have the middle wheel and on top of it I have the 3.5inch large wheel.

This works well for me and I know of other people who use only the middle wheel and like the fact the focus adjustment is more granular with the larger control.

You don't have to have one on your scope if you don't want it.

Yeah, let me explain. First, I'm an old geezer with arthritis in my left hand. This makes it painful and difficult to turn a focus knob with that hand when I'm in position. Second, when I shoot a 1000 yards match, I like to check the mirage at closer ranges and then pop back to 1000 to take the shot. This wheel makes is super easy to do that, just crank back a certain amount and then crank it back to the proper setting in an instant.

You can get the middle wheel that fits your focus knob and that's the one I have on my March 1.5-15X42 as you can see in the picture earlier. On my March-X 10-60X56 HM on my F-TR match rifle, I have the middle wheel and on top of it I have the 3.5inch large wheel.

This works well for me and I know of other people who use only the middle wheel and like the fact the focus adjustment is more granular with the larger control.

You don't have to have one on your scope if you don't want it.
No explanation needed. I was just messing around. My first thought was, this would probably be helpful if someone had arthritis. Makes sense. 🍻

Reactions: Denys
Denys, If I had that scope I would definitely want the wheel. I use the SF a lot hunting small game 10-100 yards. On the few March scopes I have owned, the Side Focus , seemed to be a lil close , or very small adjustment was needed to change parallax. Almost too close. So the wheel seemed to help for me to control that better. Are the new 1-15 & the Shorty you tried the same?

Denys, If I had that scope I would definitely want the wheel. I use the SF a lot hunting small game 10-100 yards. On the few March scopes I have owned, the Side Focus , seemed to be a lil close , or very small adjustment was needed to change parallax. Almost too close. So the wheel seemed to help for me to control that better. Are the new 1-15 & the Shorty you tried the same?

I believe what you are talking about is actually image focus, not parallax correction, even though the two are linked. Let's put aside parallax correction for the moment and focus (pun intended) on image focus, because that's what you actually see in the scope. The criticality of the focus has a lot to do with the depth of field of the image. If the depth of field is shallow, you need to be extra vigilant with the focus. On the other hand if the depth of field is generous, the exact focus is much less critical. From photography experience, we know that the larger the aperture (in riflescope terms the objective lens), the shallower the depth of field. We also know that the nearer the object or target, the shallower the depth of field. Add to that that the greater the magnification, the shallower the depth of field. I will add one more, the shorter the objective lens group, the shallower the depth of field. I also suspect that the greater the erector zoom ratio, the shallower the depth of field.

Another thing to consider is that the focus of a lens seems to be logarithmic in nature. The travel between 10 and 15 yards is a LOT more than the travel between 500 yards and 1000 yards.

So, in your case where you do a lot of hunting of small game between 10 and 100 yards, you have multiple whammies. And if you vary quickly between 10 and 100 yards, you are indeed in the long end of the focus scale. If you hunted between 500 and 800 yards, you would not need to change the focus anywhere near as much, or at all. It is not possible to have objects at 10 yards and 100 yards n sharp focus in a riflescope. It if definitely possible to have objects in very decent focus between 500 yards and infinity.

That said, there are ways the manufacturer can optimize the focus travel to accommodate different usages.

Yes image focus. & the need to adjust Sf a lot. Your explanation to why , is helping me understand. It is a 10-100 yard thing more noticeable with higher power scopes. I use to hunt big game at long ranges & never had an issue or even noticed parallax or focus . Thanks.

Anything new on these coming out yet? Can't decide between reticle MTR-4 or MTR-5.

I ordered the mtr-5. It’ll be here tomorrow!

Who did you get it from? I see that the reticle MTR-5 that only the dot is illuminated and on the MTR-4 the dot/circle and strata lines illuminated.

I just ordered one from LongRangeSupply and went with the FD-2 reticle. This is going to go on a do it all hunting rifle.

I ordered From eurooptic. Longrangesupply was cheaper but if I didn’t like the scope or something was wrong I can return it. Mine is going on a hunting rifle as well. I like the dot only being illuminated.

I ordered From eurooptic. Longrangesupply was cheaper but if I didn’t like the scope or something was wrong I can return it. Mine is going on a hunting rifle as well. I like the dot only being illuminated.
Let me know how you you like it. Undecided which reticle to get. Like the 1.5x15 magnification spread.

Reactions: Bangin
Just heard back from the factory and you can't get the MOA version of the scope with exposed turrets with the Flashdot reticles. So now going with the MTR-D2.

I see these are in stock at euro optics has anyone purchased one yet and if so what is your opinion.

Reactions: Bakwa
Got the MTR-5 from Euro last week. Like the magnification range for deep woods hunting.

It’s a pretty awesome little scope. Have not shot with it yet. The parallax is forgiving and I mean from 100yds out to 1500yds I never had to touch it. I’ll test this more when I’m able to do some shooting. The illumination is great, 6 levels of brightness. The turrets are solid and have a great feel. It’s going to be a great hunting scope.

This scope looks really sweet at 10.5" and 21.5 oz and a daylight bright reticle.I hope the eye-box is very forgiving.Will be looking forward to more info on this scope.
That’s pretty light for it’s magnification range

What killed it for me was mil or moa being correct at 10x, darn I sure wish it were correct at 15X!
Or better yet FFP with a reticle designed with features able to be see on 1.5x. That would be killer on a scope like this!

What killed it for me was mil or moa being correct at 10x, darn I sure wish it were correct at 15X!
Or better yet FFP with a reticle designed with features able to be see on 1.5x. That would be killer on a scope like this!
I wasn't aware of the 10x issue, I assumed it was 15x???? Denys, can you confirm?

I am pretty sure ILya is trying to influence a FFP version of this scope, doubt it'd be a 1.5-15 as making a high magnification FFP with a 10x erector is tricky to say the least, which is why most of March's high magnification FFP scopes are 8x

Yes, the 10X is red on the dial meaning that's where the MOA subtensions match the reticle.

This riflescope features a brand new design for the objective lens assembly; it introduces new technology. I have no ideas what plans Deon has for this design but I would not be surprised to see more models using this technology.

This little riflescope is fast becoming my favorite one for an all-around riflescope. The lightweight, the short length, the magnification range and the fast focus eyepiece. It's a neat, trim, almost magical package. I have a pet name for that riflescope.

Reactions: Bravo6
Updates or feedback from people that have had them for a little while now?

Reactions: Bakwa
Interested in any updates. How would this be on an SPR/DMR?
I was going to respond to your other thread suggesting this scope, but I'll do it here.

I have a March 1.5-15X42 on my AR-10 .308 with a 20 inch barrel. I have not shot it as much as I would like to, but as I said earlier, I did shoot it at 600 yards in competition and it was great. I do not know all the parameters of what makes an optic suitable for a DMR, but as an all-around scope, that I can keep at 1.5X for those quick shots and be able to boost all the way to 15X for the long shots, I can't think of any other scope that fits this bill. The 42mm objective lets in a lot of light for that 15X magnification.

I was going to respond to your other thread suggesting this scope, but I'll do it here.

I have a March 1.5-15X42 on my AR-10 .308 with a 20 inch barrel. I have not shot it as much as I would like to, but as I said earlier, I did shoot it at 600 yards in competition and it was great. I do not know all the parameters of what makes an optic suitable for a DMR, but as an all-around scope, that I can keep at 1.5X for those quick shots and be able to boost all the way to 15X for the long shots, I can't think of any other scope that fits this bill. The 42mm objective lets in a lot of light for that 15X magnification.
I honestly really want this scope, it's just so far out of my price range. But man, seems like it would be perfect for my setup!

Hey brother, just giving a friendly reminder for that review when you have time :)
Thank you, I just finished up the review of the March 4.5-28x52 and posted that. These full reviews take hours of work so the 1.5-15 is going to be a "mini" review just FYI. But if there is anything specific you would like me to test just let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to do these reviews i have made buying decisions from your reviews and have been happy with my decisions.

Thank you for taking the time to do these reviews i have made buying decisions from your reviews and have been happy with my decisions.
I appreciate that Moose. I must admit I get nervous and wonder if I'll ever get blasted from someone who is not happy. Last year I helped a guy with the March 5-42 and a ZCO 5-27, he was leaning towards the March (as many get lulled by high magnification) but I encouraged him to buy both, he ended up loving the ZCO and not impressed with the 5-42, then a few weeks ago helped another guy with the exact same scopes, he too bought both and ended up selling the ZCO because he thought the March was much better. In the end I think it all comes down to needs, perceived needs and expectations - we are all different and our "needs" change over time.

Reactions: Moose and JDB55
Thank you, I just finished up the review of the March 4.5-28x52 and posted that. These full reviews take hours of work so the 1.5-15 is going to be a "mini" review just FYI. But if there is anything specific you would like me to test just let me know.
I truly appreciate the time and effort. As you know from my other thread I'm building an SPR, my thought on this scope is putting it on a 5.56 20" gas gun. While it's currently above my price range if it's "worth it" I might be willing to save for longer to acquire it. So while I'm not asking you to directly talk about how this scope would be for that application, that's kinda what I'll be gauging when you post your review. Thanks again and thank you for your input in my other thread as well !

Reactions: Glassaholic
Can any of you math wizards tell me what the equivalent subtension values of this reticle is on 15x?

From the image we can see at 10x each hash is spaced 1 mil apart.
At 5x I’m assuming each hash would be 2 mil?
At 15x I’m guessing each hash would be 0.5 mil?

If so that would give you 2.5 mil of windage to play with at 15x.
7120FA50-9EEC-405E-A0E7-5A9BDB76A11A.png

Can any of you math wizards tell me what the equivalent subtension values of this reticle is on 15x?

From the image we can see at 10x each hash is spaced 1 mil apart.
At 5x I’m assuming each hash would be 2 mil?
At 15x I’m guessing each hash would be 0.5 mil?

If so that would give you 2.5 mil of windage to play with at 15x. View attachment 7650366
1mrad at 10x SFP is 2mrad at 5x and 0.67mrad at 15x

Reactions: Captrjc
You are in luck
dual reticle, locking turrets, FFP version was just announced.
Hoping the price is similar to the sfp
Man. Sounds fantastic.

What’s the general consensus on the SFP version for a 400 yards and in hunting scope? This FFP one sounds about perfect.

Reactions: Moose and Bravo6
Is this gonna be the new SPR/DMR go to scope for a FFP lightweight gas gun? That's what I'm wondering...seems to check most of the boxes but I have no experience with March. Interested in opinions.

Announcement of a new model “1.5-15Ă—42 FFP for 2023” with the new Shuriken shaped lockable turrets!​

Posted 11/22/2022

March Scopes were unleashed 16 years ago by Deon Optical Design Corporation (manufacturer of March Scopes) in Japan with the goal of bringing new, innovative designs and concepts in riflescopes to the shooting world. We pride ourselves in being a small custom manufacturer of hand-made riflescopes, and we have worked hard to earn the customers’ trusts in our products. Though we are not a mass manufacturer, we try to develop new models almost every year. We are planning to launch a few exciting models for 2023 and we are happy to announce that one of them is 1.5-15×42 FFP scope with the new “Shuriken lock” turrets. “Shuriken” is a star shaped throwing knife used by Ninja. The new turrets are shuriken shaped lockable elevation and windage turrets. Red is locked, White is unlocked. For shooters with color-vision deficiency, it is hard to tell the difference between red and blue or green. As it is easier to tell the difference between red and white, we have decided the color of the Shuriken lock.

Light weight and compact 1.5-15Ă—42 SFP scope equally ideal for hunting and for precision semi-auto platforms was developed listening to avid hunters in Japan in 2020. 42mm objective lens produces excellent low light performance in a compact form factor, while 1.5x low end magnification makes for fast target acquisition. The 1.5-15Ă—42 SFP scope became very popular after its launch and soon afterwards we received many requests from shooters all over the world that we should develop the 1.5-15Ă—42 scope in FFP. As there were multiple requests, we have decided to develop the 1.5-15Ă—42 FFP scope and we are pleased to announce that we will be launching this scope in January 2023. A dual reticle (best of both FFP and SFP reticles) can be assembled in this scope as well. We believe that this is a scope we developed together with shooters from all over the world. We will provide more details as the release date approaches. Thank you for your continued support!

D15V42FIMLX_03-e1669018257803.png

D15V42FIMLX_05-2.png

D15V42FIMLX_06-1.png

Reactions: ormandj and ChidJ
Guys, I have one of these nice little March 1.5-15x42 scopes. It has the FD-2 reticle. Really nice!

Was originally going to use it as my main hunting scope on my Blaser R8, but it mounts too far forward in the Blaser mount. After scratching it real nice to put it on my one AR, my two cantilever mounts (Athlon and Warne) are too long to fit.

Is there a slightly smaller cantilever that would work?

I am comparing it to a Swarovski Z8i 1.7-13.3 and it seems like the March will do better up close, but I'm just having a hard time mounting it as the body is so short.

After seeing this, I got curious. Saw this w/the Audere Levitas mount spec sheet/schematic; this looks like a small cantilever w/the dimensions that would fit the scopes dimensions (w/the rings clear of the center turret/fitting easily in the 1.6" space in front/back of the turrets.)

Wondering if this gets you onto the rail where you want to go.

Reactions: Bravo6
After seeing this, I got curious. Saw this w/the Audere Levitas mount spec sheet/schematic; this looks like a small cantilever w/the dimensions that would fit the scopes dimensions (w/the rings clear of the center turret/fitting easily in the 1.6" space in front/back of the turrets.)

Wondering if this gets you onto the rail where you want to go.
Convex thank you so much! I'm looking at that now thank you

No problem. Let's C if it works 4 U.

If it does work 4 U then I'll probably get this too if I spring for the Scope as the F3R mount on my March 4.5-28X52 won't fit the shorter scope.

Take care

Last edited: