• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new mark 4

braap

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2012
Tucson AZ
Hey guys I just bought a new leupold mark 4 illuminated and was wondering if anyone has any feedback and how you like it. It is gong on a remington 700 5r that I use for long range target shooting. thanks!

Re: new mark 4

I've had several 3.5-10x40's and 10x40's (M3), a 8.5-25x50, and still have a 10x40 (M1).

I've never had a problem with any of them. They've all tracked wonderfully and the glass has always been more than enough for my purposes (varmints, steel, and paper).

The people at Leupold have always been easy to get a hold of and very helpful.

Ok cool thanks for the reply! i just got the 8.5-25x50 but its the illuminated one, I didnt really want the illuminated but thats what they had so i got it im guessing i dont need batteries?

I only have 2 mark 4 scopes and none illuminated yet. I find their eye relief a huge bonus and very little artifacting thru the scopes at higher power ranges, Plus their warranty work is fast and courteous.

nice! this is my first, i normally have nikon but lately im not impressed. do you know if you can use the scope without the illumination on?

perfect! i cant wait to get back home so i can mount it and go shoot. 3 more months in this place and ill be back

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3 Gun Runner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only have 2 mark 4 scopes and none illuminated yet. I find their eye relief a huge bonus and very little artifacting thru the scopes at higher power ranges, Plus their warranty work is fast and courteous. </div></div>

I have a Mk4 on my rifle and I've found the eye relief to be rather lacking actually. Seems to be quite a fine line of full visibility. I'm pretty sure that's always been one of the few criticisms of Leupold scopes. It's a great scope but as soon as finances allow I will be selling it and getting a Bushnell HDMR.

I have at least 3 of them, 1 ill, I like them. Mine track, no eye relief problems, I can hop from my NF"s to these, no problems.
For the coin, can't beat em.

I have 2. I served two tours in Iraq using them on an m-24 and then a Barrett 50 cal. Never had any problems in those harsh conditions. I don't know why people seem to talk poorly of them lately. Ive personally battle tested them and think they are great.I use the TMR reticle on them. love how the cross hairs don't conceal the target.

That being said I have never owned a USO (soon hopefully) or S&B or anything in that class so comparatively perhaps their lacking but I like them quite a bit.

thanks for the reply. it might be too late now but would a nightforce be that much better than what i got?

I have had a Leupold scope mounted on every issued sniper rifle I have used over the last 20 years and have never had any problems with them. My current issued M24 has a MK4 M3 on it, my previous issued MK11 MOD 0 had a MK4 M3 3.5-10X. I currently have three, MK4 on my personal rifles ranging from on old MK4 M3A to one of the new MK M5's. I have bought and sold at least that many in the past, I didn't have any problems with any of them. I think they offer a very good value for the money. I don't get the bum rap they get from some. They may not be Schmitt and Bender, but then they don't cost nearly as much either. I don't think I would shoot 3 times better with a Schmitt and Bender, but I would certainly pay 3 times the amount. More Leupold MK4 are mounted on real world sniper systems than any other. I won't say they are the best, scope, but they are certainly far from the worst and don't deserve the hate they sometimes get on this forum. Buy some extra batteries for you illuminated reticle and keep them in your stock pack or somewhere on your rifle. You could probably tape one to the inside of your scope caps. Sooner or later you will accidently leave the reticle on and then find it doesn't work. I really didn't use the illuminattion much the MK4 I had with that feature. I can certainly see its benefit in some applications though. There is a very good chance the next scope I buy will be another Leupold Mk4. The price for performance they offer is hard to beat. I am sure you will be very happy with your.

thats awesome! thanks for the great info guys i feel good about the scope i got. as soon as this deployment is over im gonna mount it and break in my new rifle i cant wait! thanks again