• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New match rifle, and it's amazing

lte82

Shooter
Minuteman
  • Mar 12, 2013
    I had Lee Wells build the upper a while ago, but I only recently got the whole rifle together and was just now able to take it out for some testing.

Build specs: 26" krieger chambered in 223 wylde, rifle length +2" gas system, geissele nm trigger, WOA stock and hand guard, pnw rear w/ Gehman 510 iris, and a stallings right sight up front.

It took me a bit to get it zero'd and by that time I only had 5 rounds left from my waning batch of match ammo I loaded in Feb, so I put a new target up at 200 and let it rip. 1.3" with iron sights ain't bad... the other groups averaged around 1.5"-1.8" which are smaller than the x ring.. I will definitely be taking this gun out next weekend for the across the course match...

e9f52q.jpg

9zyo38.jpg

I always get a chuckle when people refer to setups like that as "iron sights".

Hardly.

Hardly.

In what way? I guess I could call them non-magnified open sights.

Last edited:

Hardly.

200yds, gasser, mucho grande sub-MOA, NOT A DA-DA-DAMN BIT OF MAGNIFIED GLASS...

'scuse me, your point, again?

EDIT:

OP, always a pleasure to see people that can shoot or at the least, their gear.

Last edited:
    You're "scused".

That's right about $400 in sights. When most people think of iron sights, they think of blade and post type setups. There are always those guys in the gun store, at the range talking about the amazing level of precision with "iron sights". That's hardly a field gun with iron sights.

You're "scused".

That's right about $400 in sights. When most people think of iron sights, they think of blade and post type setups. There are always those guys in the gun store, at the range talking about the amazing level of precision with "iron sights". That's hardly a field gun with iron sights.

My sights were actually $800 lol

Very nice shooting, and a great looking weapon. Who's gas tube did you use for the extra 2"? Did you have one made?
    I shoot iron sights all the time on my 40X, Palma or Moe's rear and Olympic front. I've called it my iron sight gun at NRA, GSSA and local matches for twenty years and never been corrected. Guess I never knew better.

Very nice shooting, and a great looking weapon. Who's gas tube did you use for the extra 2"? Did you have one made?
    I shoot iron sights all the time on my 40X, Palma or Moe's rear and Olympic front. I've called it my iron sight gun at NRA, GSSA and local matches for twenty years and never been corrected. Guess I never knew better.

Im not sure who's gas tube it is. Mr. Wells built the upper, so it may be one he made.