• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New McMillan HTG M40A1 smear stocks!!!

#47 and #48 are especially nice with the very opaque colors.

Here are the first two from the batch this morning:

#41:
LP-M40A-041-R-scaled.jpg

LP-M40A-041-L-scaled.jpg

#42:
LP-M40A-042-R-scaled.jpg
LP-M40A-042-L-scaled.jpg

I almond jumped on 48. Thank god someone beat me to buying it. I already have one I really like.

@Jrb572 Thanks for those. I was going to try for #50, as the last one made, but it never showed up. This release was spaced out for about 50 minutes. The last couple releases were over in about 10 minutes. I wonder if they have plans for #50. Maybe use it for one of their Give Aways?

@Jrb572 Thanks for those. I was going to try for #50, as the last one made, but it never showed up. This release was spaced out for about 50 minutes. The last couple releases were over in about 10 minutes. I wonder if they have plans for #50. Maybe use it for one of their Give Aways?
I think they did it once before. Go back in check I got mine after everyone thought it was over. I think they released 12 the day I got mine.

Who ever grabbed #47, if you don’t like the pattern I’ll trade you number #6 for it

Wow, some really great looking ones dropped today! 47 looks amazing
USMCSGT0331,
#47 went to a forum member who wanted something like stocks 1 and 2 in your M40A1 build configuration thread. Dark and muddy without much pattern. It’ll get a Weaver T10 or Y series Accu-range, Med bottom screw rings or possibly an LRI Unertl repro. That stock deserves the best effort. It’s been said a million times, but thanks again for all your knowledge sharing.

IMG_0906.jpeg

Reactions: msr_762
Sorry for my ignorance, is the DD Ross bottom metal used on the A3 have the same stock inlet as the M5 bottom metal? Are the two bottom metals interchangeable or does the inlet need to be changed? Thanks!
DW

Sorry for my ignorance, is the DD Ross bottom metal used on the A3 have the same stock inlet as the M5 bottom metal? Are the two bottom metals interchangeable or does the inlet need to be changed? Thanks!
DW
They are very close but different inletting. The m5 at the front and rear were the screw goes on the backside is flat/parallel to the top of the stock/action. Dd Ross’s is flat/parallel on the front and 2 1/2 degree (?) on the top side of the the rear screw. I believe where the mag well and the floorplate areas are slightly different foot print too. If any of that made any sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: deltawiskey
They are very close but different inletting. The m5 at the front and rear were the screw goes on the backside is flat/parallel to the top of the stock/action. Dd Ross’s is flat/parallel on the front and 2 1/2 degree (?) on the top side of the the rear screw. I believe where the mag well and the floorplate areas are slightly different foot print too. If any of that made any sense.
So the M5 bottom metal will work with very minor inletting adjustments?

50th Anniversary smear for sale on GB right now......scalper priced.
The auction starting price is not that far over what McMillan would charge you for the same stock. The BIN price is scalper pricing. Now if you just gotta have one of the stocks with the special edition lime green well then you pay to play. Now if your a rational thinker, just wait until it is a standard option from McMilan and save some money. Now what would make this stock special is if someone went over on Guns International and bought the Unertl MST 100 selling for a paltry 20K, now that would be a build.

I think there are several factors contributing to the gap under the floor plate of the unpainted rifle.
1) The trigger guard must be sitting .060” above the stock.
2) The floor plate is definitely thinner (pre64)
3) The notch for the plate latch is filed much deeper
4) The hinge is loose/sloppy and has a lot of play (2 photos showing the distance the floor plate will swing left/right)

The differences between these two guns can be summed up by the phrases “just graduated” and “ready to settle down.”View attachment 8275833
Would you please post some pictures of where and how the escutcheon is bedded for the front trigger guard screw?
I just got my PTG bottom metal and am wanting to proceed but not wanting to screw this up.

Thank You

Looking for gunsmith to properly install my bottom metal from PTG into my M40a1 stock.
Recommendations?
I'm in Northeast Missouri.