• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mcree stock

WOMBAT2879

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2007
Benton,Arkansas
I have been anxious to get my action bolted up to my new Mcree folder(thanks Scott).I got my action back from the smith today,he cut my barrel down to 20 inches and recrowned.I can't wait to get to the range this weekend and try it out.

003.jpg

Re: New Mcree stock

Let me guess?!!? There's a Cough Silencer stored in the buttstock?

I horde and that's hardly a secret.

100+ more rifles,before you learn something and I personally find that an interesting tidbit.

Do you think myself or anyone else here gives a shit how many rifles you own?? Go troll somewhere else you fucking douche,you've got all of 11 posts and each one is some smartass remark about how much knowledge you have or how many rifles you own.

You've now a 1 in 12 chance to take me task on something you find to be "inaccurate". I never cited how many rifles I own,as such things are moot in the discussion,but I simply proferred that were you to field 100 more,then you'd perhaps have your first clue.

I'm giving you good "odds" across the Board.

Pun(s) intended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WOMBAT2879</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think myself or anyone else here gives a shit how many rifles you own?? Go troll somewhere else you fucking douche,you've got all of 11 posts and each one is some smartass remark about how much knowledge you have or how many rifles you own. </div></div> Thanks, finally someone said something

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DangerFirst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've now a 1 in 12 chance to take me task on something you find to be "inaccurate". I never cited how many rifles I own,as such things are moot in the discussion,but I simply proferred that were you to field 100 more,then you'd perhaps have your first clue.

I'm giving you good "odds" across the Board.

Pun(s) intended. </div></div>

Could this really be?....Nooooooooo....lol
awesome!!

Well all the above aside I would like to hear how it shoots especially compared to what it did prior to the Mcree stock. I have heard from the people I have talked to that have them that they do tighten the groups. I think they are slick stocks, and Scott is a very down to earth, approachable fella that is a straight shooter. I am hoping to try one myself in the future, and compare it to the AICS that I currently use. Congrats on a bad ass stock, and goodluck with the rifle!

Thanks,I should be able to get out Sunday morning and put some rounds through it.I will let you know how it does.Scott is a very good guy,when I was ordering this stock I talked to him on the phone a few different times.It isn't very often in my experience that you will find someone as passionate and enthusiastic about his work and the service of his customers.

I like to find out if bedding an action in a stock like McRee or AICS would "improve" the rifle even more, albeit marginally. Have you thought about doing it Wombat, sometime down the line? It may be a fruitless endeavor given that stock is precisely machines to close tolerances, but I believe your action is a Rem 700 and as it comes from the factory, there may be some tolerance variations that further bedding may "help". Just wondering what everyone thought.
smile.gif

P.S. I know that rifles these days are typically much more capable than the shooter in terms of accuracy, but imagine someone like lowlight being the driver of the above improvement scenario.
smile.gif

I put one of Scott's stocks on my 300 rum. It is a very slick set up that locks together very tightly. I was not getting great groups at first from the 300 in the hs stock. I am still working on it right now but I have been getting 2in 300 yard groups from the same set up with 208gr a max's and 190gr sierra's. And yes, Scott is a very knowledgeable individual that will put aside most anything that he is doing to help you out with his product or just talk about accuracy itself. I called him several times before buying mine and he took time to answer every goofy question I asked. Nothing but respect for him. Not often will you find someone that will give you to much info, especially the owner of the company. I would buy again.

Finally got a chance to make it out to the range today.The Mcree sure didn't hurt anything.I feel like the groups may be a little tighter,but it's hard to tell since the rifle was shooting pretty well anyway since it had an A4 on it before the Mcree.I zeroed the rifle at 100 yds then shot steel out to 600 with solid hits at all ranges.I am posting a pic of a 5 shot group I shot while zeroing today.

001.jpg

Soo, is there a cough silencer in the buttstock?

Great lookin stick, looks like it shoots great also

What level of torque did you set, during install. I played up from 50 inch pounds, until it hit it's sweet spot at 55 in lbs.

I love my McRees. I feel slighted that mine came with no cough supressor. Gotta check with Scott.....

I'm not sure on the weight difference. It's lighter than before,but I just had six inches chopped off the barrel.

It's at 50 in lbs right now. I may try and work it up some.

I guess the cough suppressor joke is here to stay
grin.gif

I see that it is a lefty with a folding stock. Are you running into any problems with stock hitting the bolt, with the stock close all the way?

Thanks
Trevor

Judging by the pic, I would assume that it folds the other way... Away from the bolt....

By the way, When I bought my McRee, I didn't get a cough suppressor either... ;-)

SubMoa is correct,the stock folds to the side away from the bolt handle.

I guess I just got hooked up on the cough suppressor
grin.gif