• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear New MDT Comp brake?

I watched the youtube video about it and it definitely seems like they put a lot of thought and testing into it. I’m interested in the responses on this.

That brake might cost more than some of the rifles it might go on.

Though if it delivers on everything promised, the $ is worth it for those looking for the features.

I like that you can tune it.

I've used it a bit, dude. It's a really nice brake. Being that they're all a compromise with one end of the spectrum being total recoil mitigation with maximal concussion/blast at the shooter and the other end being very low concussion but lesser recoil mitigation, it skews more towards mitigating recoil than a Heathen (which I'd say has the least blast at the shooter of any effective brake) and is very "flat" but is still very "easy" to be behind. It's a huge improvement over the older MDT brake that pushed a lot of blast back at the shooter. They did a ton of testing before putting it out to the masses and it shows.

I've got about 300 rounds through mine. Currently only used it on my 6.5 Creed. So far, I like it alot. It's noticeably better at reducing recoil than my ACE brake on the same rifle, and feels on par with my G3 fat B. It is alot more friendly to the shooter and guys to either side than the bastard.

Shot through one a bunch at the PRE. Really liked it. Just ordered one for my 12yr old sons comp rifle. Excited to get it.