• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New MDT TIMBR Frontier

I like it. $899 if anyone is wondering.

Edit: looks like its available for backorder, two colors, green and black, 8-10 weeks out. Only R700 short inlet at this time.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TheOE800
Need it in a Remington LA

I’m a little bummed they didn’t build in Qd cups on the sides. Still planning to buy one.

Reactions: Matt_3479
interesting idea. would love to see how it stands up in say Arizona heat during a couple days of direct sunlight

I want to like it but at $900 that’s a big hell no.

I thought the same thing at first glance, but after looking for something comparable there doesn't seem to be much available. And what is out there is around the same price.

The TMBR seems comparable to the cost of a GRS laminate stock + an AICS compatible bottom metal (something you have to buy separately), and GRS recommends you have the stock bedded because it doesn't have a full aluminum interface with the action.

Another comparable option, the WOOX Furiosa, is around 1,1150 from WOOX right now with a Hawkins bottom metal. The WOOX Exactus, which lacks the adjustable LOP, is $800 right now from WOOX with a Hawkins bottom metal.

Reactions: atomic41
I thought the same thing at first glance, but after looking for something comparable there doesn't seem to be much available. And what is out there is around the same price.

The TMBR seems comparable to the cost of a GRS laminate stock + an AICS compatible bottom metal (something you have to buy separately), and GRS recommends you have the stock bedded because it doesn't have a full aluminum interface with the action.

Another comparable option, the WOOX Furiosa, is around 1,1150 from WOOX right now with a Hawkins bottom metal. The WOOX Exactus, which lacks the adjustable LOP, is $800 right now from WOOX with a Hawkins bottom metal.

Exactly, this is priced right for what it is.

Its a nice feeling stock/chassis. Dude brought one to a match last January. Was wondering when theyd release it.

I’m not seeing the point when you can buy a bravo for $360. The wood looks cool but it looks basically like a bravo.

Reactions: DJL2
I’m not seeing the point when you can buy a bravo for $360. The wood looks cool but it looks basically like a bravo.

I have a couple of Bravos and love them, but the grip and stock are hollow polymer, with no connection to the chassis other than two allen screws (and the stock feels remarkably solid considering this).

Also, adding tool less LOP adjustment to the Bravo means buying a $300 accessory from KRG, making the price $660, not $360.

Again, not knocking the Bravo. It really is an awesome product at a great price.

It looks like a Boyds stock with a mini chassis. So if you look at it that way, its a $300 stock with a $600 mini chassis. I think Manners only charges $360 for theirs.

This thing is basically a $600 stock. $300 overpriced because people will pay it. The chassis market for new products has doubled since covid and now $2K chassis are a thing because people will pay it. It's nuts.

It looks like a Boyds stock with a mini chassis. So if you look at it that way, its a $300 stock with a $600 mini chassis. I think Manners only charges $360 for theirs.

This thing is basically a $600 stock. $300 overpriced because people will pay it. The chassis market for new products has doubled since covid and now $2K chassis are a thing because people will pay it. It's nuts.

The only thing this stock has in common with a Boyds is the fact that they both use wood laminate. They're definitely not targeted at the same customer.

I agree with you that prices for everything have gone nuts. I'm still having a hard time recalibrating my idea of what most things are worth, and am resisting doing so out of stubbornness.

Reactions: mosin46
Reactions: RFutch
I don’t understand why MDT is so allergic to putting flush cups in the front of their stocks!?
2 on each side, front and rear should be the standard today, or at least have MLOK at 3 and 9 o’clock at the front to mount something.
I can hear MDT’s response now: “we thought of that! You can mount a flush cup on the MLOK on the bottom!” ….where nobody wants to mount a sling on a modern rifle.

No flush cups at all and not even an option for them misses a huge mark in my opinion.

I can kind of agree with that, flush cups installed from factory would be nice. Wouldn’t be hard to drill and install some yourself though.

Reactions: Blueoval56
Concur - flush cups have been THE standard for sling mounting for a hot GWOT minute now. They are, in my opinion, clearly superior for shooting the rifle as well as carrying it. Centerline mounted studs are an old school means to cheap out and keep it ambi, so I get that... just think it's lame on anything that isn't intended to keep cost down... and this is not that.

Laminate doesn't do anything for me personally. In terms of aesthetic appeal, I rank high grade wood up top, "good wood" second, fiberglass and CF shells 3rd, chassis I like 4th, and laminates/other a distant 5th. I'm clearly not their target audience...

Nice wood is nice. A good laminate doesn't look or feel bad, and tends to cope with the elements better.