• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Megalithic Uppers - feedback on those who have used them

M198gunner

LtCol
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
CONUS Southeast
Looking for anyone who has one of these for feedback:

Are they a true monolithic like the previous ones made? Are they same quality? Tried for sometime to get the old Monolithic version, which would you own or do you consider better? Worth the money?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Gunner

Haven't seen one in person but seen some videos.... It is a true monolithic like the old ones of which I have 2.... One AR15 and one NiB Maten version.

Rega,

I have two of the old as well in AR15 and the other in 308. Love them, wondering if I should pick up a new version to match my Mega MKM in 308. Looking for feedback from someone who has used them. Was told by someone selling the older versions that the Megalithic were not true monolithic uppers.

Gunner

I think the MKM is not a true monolithic but the megalithic is. Just bought one at a good deal. Pm me for some specifics.

Yeah I think they were confusing the MKM which is not a true monolithic with the megalithic. ...The videos I saw left no doubt that they are true monolithic uppers.

I just saw two of the older version mega monolithic uppers sell in 223 and 308 on Gunbroker for around $850 each. Apparently people are not aware Mega makes a new version now. They may need to do some better advertising. Cannot see why you would pay that for the older versions when the newer are far cheaper.

The mkm is a true monolithic upper, I have one.

Lol... I'm sorry but it is not.... The hand guard is not one solid piece with the upper.... It is attached to the upper Receiver..... The MKM Came about after they were concerned about legal issues and stopped making monolithic uppers. If you doubt me look at your rifle or contact Mega.

Black max, the MKM is most definitely not a monolithic platform. The megalithic certainly is, but I can promise you that the MKM sitting in my safe is not a monolithic deign.

The megalithic has only recently began to hit shelves, so finding a lot people with builds will be in short supply. I would wait a couple months and revisit it. Mega is moving locations here shortly as well, so there will be a small delay in the distribution.

Thanks all for the feedback, I will have to wait for feedback once more get out. Still cannot believe the prices the old ones are getting, just amazes me.

I was wrong sorry mine is the megalithic, here's a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Thanks all for the feedback, I will have to wait for feedback once more get out. Still cannot believe the prices the old ones are getting, just amazes me.

I just got hands on with one over at Rainier Arms and it's solid.

Mega Machine Monolithic upper 1st Gen = Monolithic
MKM = separate upper and handguard, but very solid mounting interface
Megalithic is back to a monolithic receiver/handguard design