• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member - Colorado

Arrowhedz

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2020
Hello!

I am from Colorado and recently joined the forum. I have been a member of the AR15.com forum for sometime and found myself on Sniper's Hide quite a bit when it came to looking at optics and long range rifles. I am excited to be here and learn. I have wanted to learn how to understand MOA and MRAD for sometime now and am ready to learn something new.

I recently purchased a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x44 optic for my Daniel Defense V9 as an attempt to create my own version of the MK12. I do not expect to shoot thousands of yards or have sub MOA accuracy but I am hoping the DD barrel gets the job done out to the 500 yd mark.

I am in LE and so most my shooting is done with a tactical mindset and so I am hoping to use this site to help further some career goals as I would like to go SWAT some day and be a DMR certified Deputy with my Department.

If there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask!

Colton

Welcome from Louisiana. I didn’t go the DD route but I did get an NXS first and I’m liking it so far.

Welcome from another Coloradan

Welcome, from Loveland, CO.
I looked at LE jobs up there when I first graduated my academy but ended up staying where I was at and becoming a Sheriff's Deputy. My friend however started out up there. I have lost contact with him and wonder if he is still up there! Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: USMC mustang
Yeah I just moved here a little while ago from Florida. I was born in NW Wyoming and decided to head back for the hills. Had been visiting friends down here for quite some time though, so it worked out well to be closer to my shooting buddies.
That's awesome! I need to get more friends that shoot more consistently. Where I am at I dont have any really solid ranges to go to besides one that goes out to 200yds.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
Colton,

Welcome from Firestone, CO. That was a great introduction. You will find everything you are looking for here and then some.

Colton,

Welcome from Firestone, CO. That was a great introduction. You will find everything you are looking for here and then some.
Thank you, I appreciate it and am grateful for the warm welcome and am excited to start to learn!

Let me know if you ever want to get together to shoot. The whole family shoots. The boys and wife just got their first long range rigs.
That would be awesome! I will definitely stay in touch. I would love to see some different setups in order to figure out my next purchase. I am crazy new to the game and am wanting to get a nice bolt gun/optic and really start to get in to it. Right now I will be using my DDM4V9 with a Nightforce NXS 2.5-1-x42 in order to start practicing with a higher powered optic and understanding MOA.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. Glad to see that you've already found shooting compadres. As you've seen it's a great info site. Now just keep digging in the knowledge pools and learning. Something you need to probably start checking into are temperature stable ammo. Not as sensitive to the radical changes in temperatures out there. But you probably know that since you live out there. But as a vet and former LE, glad to have ya Brother. Get in here and post and be sure to get some pics in when you can on matches and such. Keep your head down out there!

Reactions: Arrowhedz
Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. Glad to see that you've already found shooting compadres. As you've seen it's a great info site. Now just keep digging in the knowledge pools and learning. Something you need to probably start checking into are temperature stable ammo. Not as sensitive to the radical changes in temperatures out there. But you probably know that since you live out there. But as a vet and former LE, glad to have ya Brother. Get in here and post and be sure to get some pics in when you can on matches and such. Keep your head down out there!

Thanks for the welcome! I am glad too, there have been great people that have helped me out quite a bit already haha. I am really enjoying the site so far.

I definitely will. I thought I knew things until I got on here and was humbled very quickly haha. I have never heard of that before actually. I knew temperature affected different ammo and how the rifle shoots and what not but I have not done enough research to actually know anything other than that. I appreciate the advice and will look in to that.

Thanks again brother, I am glad to be here!

I definitely will!

Thanks!

Welcome from Denver international.

It may be a bit far for you to use regularly but if you’re out this way and want to try that DD out to 1k, I’ve got a membership to CRC and would be happy to give you the tour.

Reactions: Arrowhedz
Welcome from Denver international.

It may be a bit far for you to use regularly but if you’re out this way and want to try that DD out to 1k, I’ve got a membership to CRC and would be happy to give you the tour.

Thanks for the welcome! That would be insanely awesome! I would love that! My wife and I might be traveling to visit family in the next three or four weeks so I might hit you up and take you up on that offer! Thanks!