• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Member From Alabama

calamjn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2018
    Birmingham, AL
    I’ve been a long time visitor here creeping around around the wealth of knowledge found, but finally decided to join. A little about, I’m prior LEO, now work overseas a lot. Black rifles are my thing, but I am really getting that long range, “reach out and poke something” fever. I hope to learn as much as possible about preciscion rifle and bullet loads as possible here. I know a lot of guys here know what they are talking about. So, I’ll try to play by the rules and learn a lot.

Nick C.

Welcome to the hide from a fellow Alabamian. Lots of great places to shoot in the state

Thanks for the welcome. I'd like to get involved a little in PRS, but I'm back and forth out of country for work all the time, and time can sometimes be limited. Where do you suggest shooting?

Alabama Precision in Carbon Hill puts on some good matches. Rockford Gun Club in Rockford has 1000 yard range and a 200-700 yard unknown distance range. CMP in Talladega has a 200, 300, 600 yard square range. I think there is a place in Mobile that goes out to 1000yards that another member here was talking about, possibly BogeyBrown?

I work in O&G industry so I travel a lot and is difficult to plan ahead and make matches. Rockford Gun Club is a excellent for match training.

Thanks for the welcome. I'd like to get involved a little in PRS, but I'm back and forth out of country for work all the time, and time can sometimes be limited. Where do you suggest shooting?
    where in the state are you?

Birmingham, but will soon be moving to the Trussville area.
    I'm just getting into competitive shooting myself. There's a centerfire match tomorrow in Pleasant Hill (below Selma) that I'll probably be going to and watching. If you shoot rimfire, there's a match every month at Brock's Gap in Hoover. I hope to be shooting in that one in a couple of months.

I'm just getting into competitive shooting myself. There's a centerfire match tomorrow in Pleasant Hill (below Selma) that I'll probably be going to and watching. If you shoot rimfire, there's a match every month at Brock's Gap in Hoover. I hope to be shooting in that one in a couple of months.

Did you join Brock's Gap? I heard it is difficult to get in

Never joined, I've been several times with various members. But never shot on the long range. Mainly did a lot of pistol because they have some nice steel plate trees and at the time I was not into precision rifles. The place is nice though. I've also heard it was difficult to become a member. As far as I know they have limited spots available, and when someone leaves it's usually a word of mouth to another friend to fill the spot before they open up more spots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Hoover Police shoot their as well?