• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New member from central Indiana

OldGuy13

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2024
Indiana
Greetings, from central Indiana! I'm a 60-ish guy, who has owned a few guns over the years. I am approaching retirement, so I have started updating my collection to trade out older, seldom-used guns for some .22LR guns. (Cheaper to shoot, once I'm out of the work force.) My next big "upgrade" is adding a Vudoo V22 rifle, to fill the open "accurate bolt action rifle" spot in my collection. It's more than I need, but if I can't hit my target with that rifle, I know it's me, not the rifle. :^)
I've also gotten the "I'd like to shoot competitively" bug recently, for the first time in my life. Next week is my first IDPA-esque local meet. I'm excited about it!
I'm also interested in trying the steel challenge genre of competition, and maybe PRS or NRL22, if I can find them in a reasonable drive time from home.

My wife enjoys shooting, a little. She claims to have NO interest in competing, but we'll see if that changes, once I start bringing home trophies and big bags of cash.
Hahahahahahahahaha! (Of all the things that will never happen, that's one of them.) (The trophies and cash, not her competing...)

I have been a lurker for awhile, but I thought it would be good to actually join the group officially. I appreciate the admins letting me in!
That's all for now.
Regards,
Andy

Reactions: DoggoNO
Proteq firearm academy puts on great matches every month for nrl22 they are in Brazil Indian. I will be there on the 25th for the nrl22 match
IMG_5524.png

Reactions: OldGuy13
Thanks, Shooter! I will see if I'm free that day. I don't have a suitable rifle yet. The approval for a V22 was just received two days ago, so I haven't even decided what I want to order yet. But it's nice to know I have at least one option, in a reasonable driving distance.
I hope you shoot well at your upcoming match!
(I'm still learning how to find ANYTHING in Practiscore. Once I get that figured out, I might find that there are matches all around me! Ha ha!)
-Andy

Welcome from Tippecanoe county! I, too, wish to get into NRL22, but our lives have been pure madness for the past two years, so I’m still trying to make it happen. One of these days…

Thanks, Shooter! I will see if I'm free that day. I don't have a suitable rifle yet. The approval for a V22 was just received two days ago, so I haven't even decided what I want to order yet. But it's nice to know I have at least one option, in a reasonable driving distance.
I hope you shoot well at your upcoming match!
(I'm still learning how to find ANYTHING in Practiscore. Once I get that figured out, I might find that there are matches all around me! Ha ha!)
-Andy
I would recommend just showing up to the match and talking to people before buying anything. If you have facebook you can join “ west central 22lr “ and they post all the dates for matches in Brazil. You can also shoot my rifle while you’re there to see if you like Vudoo’s or not

I'm not sure there are any hard and fast requirements. I've lived here all my life, so I know I qualify.
It's kind of like, how long do you need to live in Florida, before they don't call you a snow bird or transplant?
Who knows...?

Reactions: KentuckyKestrel