• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New member from Dallas

Cdite

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Hey guys, been reading the forums for awhile and figured I might as well register. This is my latest work in progress for the Rimfire section, its a Savage 93FV sorry for the poor quality of the pics.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

Would like to start with replacing the stock, suggestions?

Re: New member from Dallas

you should complete your profile and let everyone know that your are in tx. thats a big deal here on the hide.

and welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, there is def a ton of knowledge floating around here. Time to start pickin peoples brains.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cdite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the welcome, there is def a ton of knowledge floating around here. Time to start pickin peoples brains. </div></div>

welcome. another word of advice..search, then search again, then search some more.

welcome to the hide, i believe it's the best site out there, large cross section of gear, and THE BEST rimfire site for shooting past 50 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
welcome. another word of advice..search, then search again, then search some more.</div></div>

...good words of advice, there's lots of information here, and a bunch of good guys. big thing is not to repeat a question that was just asked within a few pages and keep threads legal, so we don't turn on ya!
laugh.gif

recomendations on the stock - make your own modifications (cheekpiece, grip, etc.) they are cheap replacemant through savage, in case you mess it up.

there are not too many replacement stocks out there.
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

there are a couple more places mentioned in many of the savage TR threads also.

glad to have you aboard!

My advice as always, study the threads here, and remember BUY THE BEST, you only cry once. Mow extra yards, whatever but buy the best. Once the shooting bug bites, it gets very expensive. The Savage is a great start. Welcome to Snipers Hide!

When i built my savage, (or should say upgraded) i was to cheap to shell out the money for a sharpshooter supply stock, so i went with a boyds evolution. Heres my savage in .17M2....

guns014.jpg

After looking at the sharpshooter supply stocks those are exactly what I am looking for. Will have to order me one of those at the end of the week. Thanks!

Welcome as well - from another Texas "newbee". This site is absolutely addicting. Stay tuned at your own risk. I figure this site has cost me $3000 so far this year - and I'm a pistol guy.
John

Its funny that you mentioned it, after I wrecked my drag car I figured I would take this up as a cheaper hobby while I start on the next project car. I am quickly seeing that it is just as expensive and also as much fun!