• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New member from Houston, Tx

RetArmySgt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi all I'm in Houston and hoping to find someone close that can help me to get the most out of my M24. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New member from Houston, Tx

Welcome! I'm new here too! I'm in San Antonio. Not too close, not too far. Always looking for folks to shoot with!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome! I'm new here too! I'm in San Antonio. Not too close, not too far. Always looking for folks to shoot with! </div></div>

...and you still need to post pics or a link to the GAP you snagged on GB....just reminding you.

I live in Houston, where do you shoot?

Are you looking to go all the way from technique to reloading?

I live a little north of Houston. Do you have something specific you need help with? Reloading can mostly be self taught, we can always advise you about gear here, and if you need a shooting partner that can couch you a little many of use are willing help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome! I'm new here too! I'm in San Antonio. Not too close, not too far. Always looking for folks to shoot with! </div></div>

...and you still need to post pics or a link to the GAP you snagged on GB....just reminding you. </div></div>

Just put some up in the original post!

I'll be moving to Houston in January, I'm also fairly new to precision shooting. It would be cool if we could get a 'Hide members weekly shoot somewhere in the Houston area.

Seems everytime people post a thread like this and I or other Houston members invite ,nobody ever shows....any way Saturday and or Sunday mornings 8-12 pm we are at American Shooting Center range , at 600 ys line.anyone is welcome to show up and join our circle jerk. We are not expert shooters or tango droppers ,just like to shoot our rifles on the weekend and bullshit a bit.

Anyone in Houston what to shoot a f-class match on Sunday? We have our monthly midrange (this month is 600 yards) on Sunday AM at Bayou rifles.

$20 for non Bayou rifles members, but open to anyone!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems everytime people post a thread like this and I or other Houston members invite ,nobody ever shows....any way Saturday and or Sunday mornings 8-12 pm we are at American Shooting Center range , at 600 ys line.anyone is welcome to show up and join our circle jerk. We are not expert shooters or tango droppers ,just like to shoot our rifles on the weekend and bullshit a bit. </div></div>

I cant guarantee that i will make it out there often, I'm on the east side of Houston and the last few times i went out there they were so crowded that i spent more time waiting than shooting.

Why would you have to wait at 600? There are no firing lanes. Just lay down and shoot. Or they have 6 benches to shoot at if you don't want to go prone at ASC.

Once you get to the 300-600 yard line there is hardly any people shooting down there it's just a wait at the 100 yard line bc you got all your once a year deer hunters trying to sight in.

welcome, I try to go every sunday morning to ASC.

Plan on being there tomorrow around 10am. The hat I will be wearing with have a suppressed Mac 10 on it.

I found the ASC range mentioned above and while it is along way from my part of town it beats driving to Fort Worth or Austin. Not sure how I have never heard of it but glad to know it is in the area. I am easy to find, I will be shooting a .308 suppressed or a .300 win mag suppressed or a .338 unsuppressed. The later is easy to identify!
Please contact me at [email protected] and let me know when some of you will be heading that way. I am putting my new .308 together so I won't make it tomorrow but I am free during the week some. I am a full time firearms instructor and am always glad to help people learn while I am at the range.