• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member From Idaho

CriticallyStressed

Mechanical Engi-nerd
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2018
ID
Hi All,

Glad to be here (lurked on and off over the past couple of years). I just got a 6.5cm RPR and am hoping to get into some PRS matches around the Spokane/N. Idaho area next year. This site has been a valuable source of information and I hope to contribute as well and hopefully get to know a few of you that are local to my area as well.

Welcome, from a fellow Idahoan, & fellow "New Guy"! I had lurked here a long time before joining, too...Lots of great info here!!!! Idaho-5R

Reactions: CriticallyStressed
I’m up north in Sagle, I heard near Spokane the Mica peak shooting range has steel plates out to1000 yards but I haven’t checked it out yet. Also in Kellog the Shoshone county range you can shoot out to 600 I think. Both I believe are just a donation to shoot.

Welcome, from yet another up in North Idaho! The Mica range does have steel out to 1000, and I think it's $5 a day to shoot there? I could be wrong, as I haven't been there myself. Shoshone County range is free (they have donation boxes for money and brass though), and has steel at 300, 400 and 500 yards. The 400 and 500 yard steel are up on the mountain a bit, and you can't see the 500 yard targets unless you're at the benches on the left, but it's decent overall. Like any public range, keep your head on a swivel if you go. I've seen some dumb shit go down there.

Of course, there's always the option of driving out to the mountains and shooting across canyons at rocks, but you'll probably want to wait until the snow melts in the spring/summer to do that.