• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New member from Kansas City.

Hootsmon

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2013
Hi, just moved to the Kansas City area, my wife works over at Ft Leavenworth. I'm an old-school machinist by trade, I can single-point a good thread and put files and scrapers to good use but CNC machines are a mystery to me. That may limit my work options around here, but I'm sure to find something worthwhile to do in a place as big as KC.
I'm shooting on a budget right now, rimfire only. Brno Model 1 and Anschutz 1393. No scope on the Brno yet, the Anschutz has a Leupy 6.5-20 and shoots pretty good for a 50 year old single shot.
I usually hang out at the FAL Files, but I have a hankering for some bolt action goodness. I have a Remington 721 with a sad 30/06 bbl that I would like to turn into something 6.5ish with a lot of range. I'm getting lots of good ideas from hanging out on the pages here!

I hope to contribute something worthwhile to the threads here, and I thank you all for the good information that has been stored up here over the years.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome.

A few people have mentioned that Thai place, it must be good.