• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from Kansas

223cobra

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2012
Kansas
Hello all.

I just finished building a 308 AR and can't wait fort the weather to warm up to get it out on the range. I want to get into long range shooting eventually and am starting to hand load. I have read some great info on here and decided to join up and participate instead of just browse.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You built it? Or had it built? Smith? Specs? This is where I started my transfer from BR to LR steel, and some f class. Listen, learn, and shoot shoot shoot. Everybody's an AR builder these days, I've been putting em together for 15yrs, and learn something every time I assemble one. Only had a chance to "build" one when I visited Daniel Defense.

Mega MATEN ambi set
Rainier Arms Ultra-Match 18"
Superior Weapon Systems E1 15" free float
SI Defense bolt carrier group
Magpul UBR
Slash's extra heavy buffer
Giessele High Speed DMR trigger
B&T Atlas bi-pod

I assembled the lower myself. But, I had a local gunsmith put the barrel and free float tube on as I don't have an upper vice block.

Right now I am saving for glass to put on it.

I'm in the Wichita area as well. Do you know of any public ranges with longer than 100 yards around. I won't need it until I get some glass, but will eventually . . .

I don't believe there is a range in wichita longer than 100 other than some private property I think at our place we can shoot around 400 safely