• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member from Montucky

ArTeeKay

Not last, but certainly, the least.
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2019
Montana
Howdy All,

Been lurking on and off for years, and have posted a handful of times already, figured it's time to introduce myself. Young guy from Montana, got myself a small collection of nice gear, some of those decisions informed by doing some reading here.

Current projects include load development for a couple rifles, a 16" Remington 700 in 3-0-hate (subsonic now, got a good super load with 175 SMKs and H4350.) and a switch barrel set up based on a Defiance looonng action with barrels for both .338 RUM and 6.5 Swede BJAI. Trying to find ballistically identical loads, and I think I'm getting close. Turns out a light .338 SMK and a heavy 6.5 one have pretty damn close BC numbers and the case capacities and barrel lengths just so happen to turn out close velocities too, both with H4831 even! (At least according to what research I can scrounge together. Damn primer shortage... Til things settle out, magnum primers are getting saved and I'm shooting factory ammo I've got laying around.)

As the saying goes, "In God I trust, everybody else keep your hands where I can see 'em."

It’s weird. I was just playing call of duty with a guy whose gamer tag was Montucky.

Welcome to the Hide.

I'm stealing this.
You're welcome to it, I came by it the same way.
Welcome to SH. Good and knowledgeable folks here. Welcome aboard, and I love the quote.
I've been pretty pleased to just sit on my fence rail and learn from the heavy hitters, but now that I've got a little working knowledge of my own I'm hoping I can add a little to the conversation.
It’s weird. I was just playing call of duty with a guy whose gamer tag was Montucky.
Well, I can safely say it wasn't me, but he's likely a fine gentleman and probably has a great K/D ratio.

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95