• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member from N. Virginia

GearMaker

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2020
Hello! New member here from Northern Virginia.

I've been shooting all my life, from my dad teaching me to hit soda cans (and sometimes mom's clay flowerpots) with the old Ruger 10/22 to now in middle age looking to learn long-range precision shooting. Time and priorities are always a tough balance, but I'm hoping to meet some good folks, learn everything I can, and invest in the right gear to shoot little groups both with centerfire and rimfire rifles. Thanks for having me.

Welcome first off. Sounds like we grew up doing the same thing. Boy was mom mad too lol. “nothing like smoking some pot” says hickcock45
You’ll enjoy it here and on the range with other LR shooters. There’s a link up with members section too. Lots of good people here to get to know and help you have fun.

Welcome from CO

You nailed it when you wrote "Time and priorities are always a tough balance.." Glad you're here.

Welcome from Ocala, FL.

Thanks everyone! I'm already reading and learning from what others have posted.

You nailed it when you wrote "Time and priorities are always a tough balance.." Glad you're here.
Yes, family comes first, and then there are the required tasks to keep the household running. Luckily I am finding a little more time for the range these days!

Reactions: DustBun
Welcome to the site from Middle Georgia. Glad to read that you're getting the time for some diversion in a useful, though perishible skill. Root around on the different forums and dig deep into the knowledge pool. There's enough info here to keep you busy for a decade, with friendly folks to boot. Once again, good to have you here. . .

Welcome! From NOVA as well. I usually shoot over at Peacemaker. You're welcome to come out sometime.

Welcome to the hide! NOVA here as well.
Welcome! NoVA here as well.

Hey! Some local folks! Nice to meet you--hope to meet you in person soon.

Welcome! From NOVA as well. I usually shoot over at Peacemaker. You're welcome to come out sometime.
Thank you for the invitation! I'll take you up on that! I used to be a member at Peacemaker and shot some 2-gun matches there 3-4 years ago.