• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from PGH!

Twnorton

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2014
Hey guys, looking to get more into long range target shooting. I'm going to be buying within the next couple weeks a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308 with a vortex viper pst 6-24x50FFP scope. I'm gonna try and get some of my local dealers to match budsgunshops price of 600 but we will see how that goes. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys. See ya on the range

Although I'm not 100% set on that scope still looking at other options in the 800 dollar or so range

Well I live an hour north of the city but I'm going to try pgh tactical for sure

i have not heard of them.

where are you coming from? in am near fox chapel/harmarville/cheswick/springdale. zip 15238.

Hey guys, looking to get more into long range target shooting. I'm going to be buying within the next couple weeks a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308 with a vortex viper pst 6-24x50FFP scope. I'm gonna try and get some of my local dealers to match budsgunshops price of 600 but we will see how that goes. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys. See ya on the range

Dukes most likely won't price match for you. For the money look at the Sightron S-III 8-32x56 with the LRMOA reticle. Check out Lawrence County Sportsman Association...North Mill st, Wampum Pa. it is in your back yard and has some good stuff going on to get you out of the gate. They do a short and longer range Varmint Shoot there and would be a good place to learn with out a lot of travel.

Last edited:
Lcsa is right down over the hill from me ~5mins away. I'll be applying for a membership next month