• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from Wisconsin

Gungnir388

Sniperish
Minuteman
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Hello everyone,
    I joined a few months ago and thought I had completed my introduction when I initially joined. Whoops my bad. I just moved to Wisconsin from Colorado. I have been shooting for most my life. I am retired from the military and was working as a FF/Paramedic. Currently looking for places to shoot at in Wisconsin. Thank you for having me.

Jason

Welcome, from WI/IL border.

If you look in the Bear Pit, you will find a tag called: Member Linkup. If you click that tag, and then search in there with "Wisconsin" in title, it should give you some ideas. Most of those places are not my normal stomping grounds, but I do look thru there if I am going into a new area to shoot. Hope that helps.

Welcome to the hide, and to Wisco! Depending on what part of the state you are located, pickings can be kind of slim for anything long range. There was another member that posted pictures from a 1,000 yards range by Hayward (northern WI)recently. In the Madison area there are a few: Columbus sportsman's club, and Winnequah gun club. If you are around Appleton/Greenbay There is a decent public range in Shiocton. If you are able to find any others please share.

Reactions: Ric O'shay
    Where in the state are you located? I am near Sheboygan.....

Thank you for the responses. I am living in Wausau. Found some skeet ranges but they all seem close for the winter.

Thank you for the responses. I am living in Wausau. Found some skeet ranges but they all seem close for the winter.

My next trip up North near UP, I will give you a beep here (likely Spring 2021). I'll see if you can shake loose to shoot some. Again, welcome to this place. Some really smart folks here - avoid the trolls. Simply not worth it.

trolls haha. Internet righteousness. Meh they can bicker amongst themselves. I’m always down to shoot. Figured I’d just use this time to cut my teeth on reloading.

trolls haha. Internet righteousness. Meh they can bicker amongst themselves. I’m always down to shoot. Figured I’d just use this time to cut my teeth on reloading.

I only mention as others did for me (I think I missed it, holistically speaking) -they do get under your skin from time to time. Seems lately, like flies to poop. Just sayin'.

You reload and I'll beep when up that way.

Welcome again.

Welcome from across the River. We were in Wausau this last summer. Beautiful country!

There is a place in Stone Lake by the name of Summit Lake Game Farm.

They have steel out to 1,000 yards and is a great place to shoot. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

Welcome to Wisconsin!

I live in a Rhinelander (about an hour and 15 min north of Wausau). I have a spot to shoot out near Monico (15 mi East of Rhinelander) that goes out to at least 1300 m (as far as I have ranged it so far). It is on paper mill land that anyone can use, you just have to do a fair amount of walking.

BC01B152-AC75-4917-931A-09B4D6E1D5BB.jpeg

We also have a range outside of town that goes to 400 yards.

Lodi is the longest range that I'm aware of in Wisconsin. Shiocton and Racine are other options out to 500 yards or so.

I live in Wausau also. I shoot mostly at the range in WI Rapids. Goes out to 600 yds. If you’re interested in PRS competition, check out Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challenge. Kodra’s range is in Warrens. You can go to a mile there. They also run monthly belly matches to a grand.