• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NEW MEMBER HERE

SGT_ADDY_USMC

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2012
Chillicothe, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I'm a new member in the forum. I am hoping someone here could help me. I have a 30-06 and with a LT4-16-40AOL scope on it, but there is the thing the brand is a

"SNIPER PRECISION OPTICS"

Ive looked for a website for them and for some reason can't find one. I actually but the scope at a gun show and like a idiot I forgot to get contact information from the supplier. I was wondering if there is anyone that has heard of the brand or know of a website for them

Thank you in advance.

Addy, J.P.
SGT/USMC
2000-2006

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The MARINES don't have that problem."
President Ronald Reagan - 1985

Re: NEW MEMBER HERE

Likely a re-branded Chinese "Tacticool" Air soft scope. My rule of thumb is "Don't buy optics at gun shows"
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered me a Barska 10-40x50 IR SWAT Sniper Scope and gonna put the other scope on my son's .223 rifle </div></div>

50/50 that the scope you bought at the gun show is better than the barska. probably closer to 75/25. barsaka belong on airsoft. it amazes me that folks in the internet era dont do research before buying

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm, cancel that Barska and get a damn super sniper from SWFA... </div></div>

the barska will LOOK much coolier, i hate to be so blunt with a new guy on the forum but the barska line is just plain bad ass looking junk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm, cancel that Barska and get a damn super sniper from SWFA... </div></div>

the barska will LOOK much coolier, i hate to be so blunt with a new guy on the forum but the barska line is just plain bad ass looking junk </div></div>

Ya but your TARGETS will look cooler if you're shooting with the SWFA glass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIG700</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm, cancel that Barska and get a damn super sniper from SWFA... </div></div>

the barska will LOOK much coolier, i hate to be so blunt with a new guy on the forum but the barska line is just plain bad ass looking junk </div></div>

Ya but your TARGETS will look cooler if you're shooting with the SWFA glass </div></div>

ya but thats secondary
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can hook you up with a USO if you like
wink.gif
</div></div>

how many barskas would that take in trade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can hook you up with a USO if you like
wink.gif
</div></div>

how many barskas would that take in trade. </div></div>

I'll take them all

I'm sure they were talking about a fixed 10 SWFA SS. Can be had for $275. If set on variable check into millett or bushnell. Or save and get an NF and be done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is fine but are you gonna give me the 1500.00 for SWFA SS 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolshed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure they were talking about a fixed 10 SWFA SS. Can be had for $275. If set on variable check into millett or bushnell. Or save and get an NF and be done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is fine but are you gonna give me the 1500.00 for SWFA SS 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope</div></div> </div></div>

you sir are correct. you dont have to pay 1500 for quality function. you can actually get a functional scope for the same price or possibably less than you are paying for the barska

Great, glad you're happy with your purchase! We all have our opinions of each scope brand. Most important thing for you is that YOU feel confident with YOUR equipment.

Don't listen to anyone in here... Buy a Counter Sniper and be done. Just read what they are made of and if that doesn't convince you that they are the best scopes out there, I don't think we can help you on this site
frown.gif

I'd have half of it if I didn't spend it to get my car inspected this week
frown.gif
4 tires + 2 ball joints + tie rod + rear struts + alignment. $1300 later I got 2 new stickers!

Have you done any repeatability tests on your new glass? I have a work out I put all my new ones thru the minute I get them (but I'm kinda nuts...)

P.S.- I see you're kind of new- Welcome and THANK YOU for your service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I would love to have a Leupold scope or a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 BRH Rifle Scope but with the swarovski scope who has 2500.00 to spend on a scope </div></div>

If you are looking to spend $2500 on a scope...I'd be looking at something else than the Swars and the Leuppy's....

And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIG700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd have half of it if I didn't spend it to get my car inspected this week
frown.gif
4 tires + 2 ball joints + tie rod + rear struts + alignment. $1300 later I got 2 new stickers!

Have you done any repeatability tests on your new glass? I have a work out I put all my new ones thru the minute I get them (but I'm kinda nuts...)

P.S.- I see you're kind of new- Welcome and THANK YOU for your service. </div></div>

no haven't been able to shoot since i got it. my son and i are going shooting. he has a .223 savage that we are taking out along with my 30-06. might take my girlfriends son's 308 out also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info... </div></div>

yea so and what is your point.....

wl6o8.jpg

Just make sure to let us know when it just doesn't seem to track right
smile.gif
Barska's are worth nothing more than using them to try and recreate the Gunny Hathcock shot...I wouldn't even use one as a paper weight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info... </div></div>

</div></div>

The point is that you come on here and ask what people think about your cheapo scopes and when people tell you that they are chinese crap you get offended.
A lot of people have $2500 to spend on a scope. A lot of people spend a lot more than that too.
Then some folks do just fine with low end optics.
Buy what you can afford and take your kid shooting

Just something I do you may want to consider- helps test repeatability and also tests what your adjustments are (true MOA or IPHY). First off, secure the gun (I use a bench vice that I have floating around my garage with an old t-shirt between vice and gun). Measure off 100 yards and put a tree round at the 100 yard mark. Place a poster board on tree round- with a target at far left. Measure over 25 inches right, and put a target exactly on the 25 inch mark. Secure the gun with cross hairs exactly on center of left target. Click over 25 (MOA or IPHY). If you're dead on your right target- your scope is in IPHY. If you're ~ an inch right of your target- your adjustments are in MOA.

That's the first test. Next, center on a target, and count of x "clicks" one way- than go x "clicks" back. Make sure you are back on center of target. Do this a few times with both windage and elevation in different directions. If you returned to zero every time, you know you can trust the scope.

Confidence in optics with 0 shots down range.

(I typically get really anxious towards the end and call it quits to go to the range.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info... </div></div>

</div></div>

The point is that you come on here and ask what people think about your cheapo scopes and when people tell you that they are chinese crap you get offended.
A lot of people have $2500 to spend on a scope. A lot of people spend a lot more than that too.
Then some folks do just fine with low end optics.
Buy what you can afford and take your kid shooting </div></div>

not one time did i get offended because if i did i would of prolly been kicked out of the forum for telling you what i thought and wouldn't care if i piss you off or not...and like i said no way in hell would i pay that much money for a scope..i have been things to spend my money on.....i buy what i can afford being a single dad doing everything by myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...more than using them to try and recreate the Gunny Hathcock shot.... </div></div>

I tried this with the 4-12x40 that came free with my Rem SPS-V from dicks. Didn't work. Same thing that happened on myth busters happened to me. I have another simmons I'm going to try this time with my AR and steel core ammo. I'm hopeful

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info... </div></div>

</div></div>

Oh boy.... Just drop it man. You asked for advice and obviously werent seeking any.

If you have anything else to add it should be how awesome your new scope is performing not how impressed you are with how it looks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you need 40x, and why is that more of a priority than function and tracking? </div></div>

don't need a 40x scope just want one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you need 40x, and why is that more of a priority than function and tracking? </div></div>

don't need a 40x scope just want one. </div></div>

So...you would rather have a 40x that doesn't track for shit than a 10x that tracks flawlessly?...I think I'm catching on now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info... </div></div>

</div></div>

Oh boy.... Just drop it man. You asked for advice and obviously werent seeking any.

If you have anything else to add it should be how awesome your new scope is performing not how impressed you are with how it looks! </div></div>

what i was first looking for on here is if anyone could of told me a little about the other scope i have and if anyone could find me a website or something like that.

never said i was impressed with how it looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you need 40x, and why is that more of a priority than function and tracking? </div></div>

don't need a 40x scope just want one. </div></div>

So...you would rather have a 40x that doesn't track for shit than a 10x that tracks flawlessly?...I think I'm catching on now.... </div></div>

ok explain what you mean tracks.

He wants to know if the clicks move the poi the same distance consistently with each click.

Meaning, you dial in 10 minutes into your scope it should be exactly 10 minutes, and you could have that if you purchased a $300 SWFA Super Sniper (I know, it's a gay name). Instead, you bought a Barska, which is known for being unreliable and Chinese trash. My friend has two and still cannot figure out why his corrections on his scope are never right...the point is return the Barska before you mount it and get something in the same price range that is RELIABLE.

Please fill out your profile.

BOLTRIPPER is are HR guy contact him for further information.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just so you all know i got the scope and <span style="color: #FF0000">i'm very impressed with it and</span> i'm glad i bought this scope.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIG700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

P.S.- I see you're kind of new- Welcome and THANK YOU for your service. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">no haven't been able to shoot since i got it. </span>
</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT_ADDY_USMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats why you are on here asking for info on some knock off chinese product that has no website or company info... </div></div>

</div></div>

If you have anything else to add it should be how awesome your new scope is performing not how impressed you are with how it looks! </div></div>

what i was first looking for on here is if anyone could of told me a little about the other scope i have and if anyone could find me a website or something like that.

never said i was impressed with how it looks.</div></div>

Huh!..... Then what about it impresses you?

SGT:

The guys here are really trying to be helpful to you. They are trying to tell you that you generally get what you pay for...except...you didn't spend wisely. The Barska and no-name scope are just going to give you problems. I don't think there are many on this forum that like to waste money on equipment they don't need. And scopes that run $2000+ tend to be pretty amazing...not that everyone has that kind of dough to throw around. The mention of the SWFA SS 10 power scope was real honest to goodness advice...and you would be better served by that scope versus either of the ones you have.

BTW, the repeatability test really tells you a lot about the internals of the scope. Scopes that fail tend to be cheap scopes that will end up causing you headaches....steer clear.

Good luck...remember you asked for advice...guys are just trying to be helpful.

Wayne

That Barska looks like a badass scope. 1/8in click value and it even comes with SEE THROUGH RINGS. I bet the L.A. Swat Dept has two of those for every rifle. I also bet it take forever to dail your dope when sniping at 1,000 yds.

Your arguing with everyone here after they legitamitly try to help you not piss your money away. Yet, you don't even know what tracking on a scope is. 40x on any scope has very limited usability. None on a scope that doesn't have quality glass. Honestly though if your happy with it then who cares, but you could have bought a Centerpoint at walmart and fared better. Then you'd still have a extra 200$ to put towards a better quality scope. Of course I've seen the lens fall out of a Barska scope after it was dropped at Gander Mountain. Don't worry though your GF will give it up more if you convince her it's a real SWAT Sniper Scope. You did buy it for the name didn't you?

Here's something to consider- having a scope that is 10-40x with any kind of glass that is not top tier (Schott, Light Optical, etc), and you will be in a world of darkness above about 20-25x. Your exit pupil is extremely small, and by the time you get to 40x, you will have terrible resolution, little light transmission, and no color fidelity. Magnification means nothing if you can't see your target. People who buy 40x scopes do so for benchrest shooting almost exclusively. If you want a scope with that much magnification, or really anything over 24x, you need to invest in a high quality scope that can still provide an adequate sight picture, like a NightForce, Leupold, US Optics, March or S&B.

Do yourself a favor and test your scope. I mean, really test it. Drop test to see if it holds zero and stays reliable. Box test to see if it tracks properly. Resolution test to see what your range of effectiveness is. Low light test to check resolution and flare.
Any 10-40x rifle scope that you can normally buy for $300 is going to be straight crap. I'm saying this because it's true. There is no way around this.
As far as the other scope you bought, you got fleeced. Someone sold you snake oil. Gun shows are the worst place to buy things if you don't know a lot about guns, optics or accessories. Vendors there are often dishonest, greedy and in most cases, bat shit stupid. Most of the vendors will sell outdated items, or else sell cheap ChiCom scopes and sights. They'll tell you everything you need to know in order to believe that that optic is the best thing since sliced bread. They'll tell you that it's a sniper scope used by special forces, despite the fact that it's not.

Here's the problem as I see it: emotional investment. You've purchased something that you like, and you've been informed that it's not something that is good quality. Now you're on the defensive and are becoming more emotionally invested in your purchase as a result. You need to understand that we're trying to give you good information that will help you. Your decision is over, and you've already made your purchase. If you can unload the scopes and get new ones, great. If not, please learn from this and next time ask people here and so some research before you buy. There are plenty of decent scopes for that money, and you will get something far better for your money.

If you doubt that Barka is junk, consider the write-up by Ilya Koshkin. Ilya is considered to be an expert around here on optics, and what he says about optics holds a lot of water with many members here. He ripped the shit out of the Barska, and he's the most objective optics reviewer out there.
http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php?opti...ws&Itemid=4