• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member Illinois

CWB4

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2020
Crook County, IL
Hi everyone,

A quick hello is in order to properly introduce myself. I have been paying attention to the site for quite some time and finally joined as I am looking to get started into some Long Range Shooting and back into the hunting world. I am a newbie so bear with me as I get acclimated into the whole forum and what not.

Many years ago when younger in my teens I would hunt with family with a bolt action 308 and it was a blast, but as life happened wandered off for a few years. I am still heavily active with my AR's and Pistols at the range, but looking forward to getting back in the game and starting a new money pit with some rifles. I am starting to put some ideas together with my first rifle, but will keep that for another thread later down the road.

Thanks
Chad

Reactions: The D
Welcome aboard! A nice bolt action is a thing to behold - go for it! (And, then a couple others for good measure....)

Welcome from CO

Where in IL are you from? I grew up in northern IL, around Rockford

We currently live in Northbrook, but plan on moving in a few years out of this damn place. It's great because location to businesses and schools, but outside of that crook county and Illinois is a hassle.

Thanks

Reactions: The D
Welcome, I also mainly stick to my 11.5" AR and my sidearm but started with a R700 .308 bolt.

Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. I know what you mean about your state. Some great folks, idiotic government tho. Too bad these metro areas so distort a state for the rest of folks. Hope you can find some really great ideas here on the site for new equipment and techniques. Best wishes here on the site and great to have ya here!