• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member in PA

mikes911

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2023
Pennsylvania, USA
Hello everyone from Pennsylvania. New member. Been shooting for a while, a variety of rifles over the years from hunting to NRA 1,000 yard clinics. Have always enjoyed it and been relatively good, although at a hobby level. Just picked up a new rifle, intended to be for hunting and SHTF options. But it got me motivated to learn more about distance shooting and improve my skills. So here to learn! Thanks in advance to all.

Welcome, PA native here myself.

Look at Ghost Firearms Training, they have a long range class they do at the Mifflin County Sportsman’s Association up in Lewistown. Or just join the range and shoot whenever, I think it’s like $85 or $100 a year to join. You can swing over to 522 and follow it north, probably an hour and a half drive depending on your exact location.

I hunt in 4A so I’m familiar with some of the area.

Reactions: mikes911
Welcome, PA native here myself.

Look at Ghost Firearms Training, they have a long range class they do at the Mifflin County Sportsman’s Association up in Lewistown. Or just join the range and shoot whenever, I think it’s like $85 or $100 a year to join. You can swing over to 522 and follow it north, probably an hour and a half drive depending on your exact location.

I hunt in 4A so I’m familiar with some of the area.
Thanks! I do some camping in Bald Eagle State Forest and Poe Valley state parks, so get up that way.

Fellow former Corpsman here also from PA (Pittsburgh). I'm looking to get back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus. Hoping to find a range near by.