• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New member, new rifle SPS Tac.

TravisLee

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2011
100_0141web.jpg

Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself I have been lurking on here for a while now and finally have my first long range rifle. It is a Remington SPS tactical in .308 I have added a Bushnell 3200 10x scope on SWFA rings on an EGW 20moa base and a harris bipod. I am still waiting on a new stock to mount my BDM and bolt knob.

I hope to learn a lot while I am here and Im in southern california if anyone is looking for someone to hit the range with.

Travis Lee

Re: New member, new rifle SPS Tac.

Congrats! rifle looks very familar to mine!! great set up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisLee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys im in Rancho Cucmonga. </div></div>

i have banged some steel near where you post from....up in the hills at the west end gun club......prolly looks like a potato chip now

Just joined the club myself. Or. Green
IMG_0611.jpg

New updates! B&C Medalist stock in OD green. And an Atlasworxs BDM, Darkmetal designs muzzle brake and SW precision bolt knob waiting to be installed.

100_0162web.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisLee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New updates! B&C Medalist stock in OD green. And an Atlasworxs BDM, Darkmetal designs muzzle brake and SW precision bolt knob waiting to be installed.

100_0162web.jpg
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nice job. Are you going to be installing the DBM yourself?</span>

I tried installing the bdm myself today and it went fine but the screws are too long now and with the metal bottomed out you can still see some of the bottom metal ( not completely flush). Any ideas or writeups you know of?

The bolt is out getting the knob installed. Should be back next week.

Very Nice rig. The bolts on the bottom metal are a little over length. You can cut them down. After you get the bottom metal set up as you want it.

Depending on what stock and dbm system you have. Some will not inlet flush and some will. When you get you bolt back and cut the screws down you will need to run some rounds through it to make sure it feeds properly. check for scaring on the case and bullets. You dont want any scaring on the round. My o2 get some empty brass and a few bullets and load them without the powder for checking the feeding. if you are checking this with live rounds make sure your trigger ass. is installed on the action. If no trigger and you drop the bold on a live round the hammer is going to drop when the bolt locks. That would make for a bad day. Just inletted my first dbm and i had to play with the depth to get it to feed right.