• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New member of the 1000 yard club!

BusterB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
Bristol, VA
Another picture from our shoot this weekend. Our friend Jordan had never shot a rifle before saturday and went all the way to 1030 yards the first time out!

IMG_20120915_192155.jpg

Re: New member of the 1000 yard club!

He was shooting a Remington 5R in .308. After he got used to that is got behind my .408 and shot it like a champ!!!

dang Im in the wrong part of VA ! sounds like a good time, my lowly 150 yard range in my backyard will have to suffice for now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lodi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He was shooting a Remington 5R in .308. After he got used to that is got behind my .408 and shot it like a champ!!! </div></div>

So is he going to skip the 308 for a first build and jump right to the 408?
cool.gif

I'm sure he would and I know Vestal's Custom Rifle would build him one just like mine!!! I recommended he start with something a little more economically minded.

That's the way to start out. Go big or go home I guess.

175 grain Nosler custom competition
42.5 grains of varget
Lapua brass
cci br-2 primers.

Not the most popular bullet but my gun loves them like longslugger loves candy!!!

Great stuff some good shooting there