• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300Wizzm

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2014
Grand Saline, Texas
Just saying hello. I'm fairly new to the long range game and always looking to better myself. Looking for some matches to participate in and learn. Thought I would join y'all as suggested by a friend and see what I could learn from the great wealth of knowledge here.

Where are you located? I'm sure you'll be able to locate a group of members that can help grow your new means to happiness, or as I would call it: "endless drain on your pocketbook"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a new member myself.
Here is the cliff notes version. Ask any questions you like.

I'm a mechanical engineer by degree but was born to be hands on and couldn't take the desk job. Currently I work building custom aluminum boats and love it.
Located in sw Michigan. Was only ever into pistol / ar15 shooting. No precision, just shoot stuff up in the back yard. Recently got into reloading because of ammo shortage. Picked up a used Dillon 550 a few months ago. That led to two new pistols... That led to a friend giving me a Remington 700 barreled action with a timney trigger and a severely rusted barrel.... Cut the barrel off with a cold saw, tigged a nut to the threaded part and spun it right out. Bought take off .243 barrel and take off synthetic stock from eBay, and go no- go gauges from midway. Soda blasted action and shot with gun kote. Built a barrel vice and rear entry action wrench. Assembled. Had a shooter. Threw on a 4-16 monarch. Ran about 20 rounds through it and bought a Lee classic cast. Reloaded. Ran another 80 through it. Could only hold about 1-1.5@ 120yards on a good day in the back yard off a picnic table. Lapped lugs, re head spaced. Groups got smaller. Decided I needed a new stock. Ordered b&c medalist from midway. Came damaged (looked like someone had it and returned it). Called midway. Ended up ordering a AICS 1.5. It arrived today....