• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jord21

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Hi there,

I just joined the forums today and I would like to introduce myself and my ladies. My name is Jordan, Im 23, I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I am a helicopter pilot but I also did 3 years in the Canadian Forces Reserves as Infantry. I have been buying firearms since I was 18 but in the past 3 months I have started increasing my range frequency from once every couple months to every Saturday and I am loving every second of it.

Here are my ladies.

My Rem 597 .22LR, my first rifle when I was 18. I use it to plink and recently sold the Bushnell 3-9X40 and may be putting a Bushnell 10X40 Elite 3200 Tac on it.

My Savage 93R17 FV, Just picked this up a couple months ago. I shoot between 0.6 and 1 MOA at 100yds with Remington 17 gr Accutip boat tail. I don't like those numbers since I find the cheek piece very low and uncomfortable and I am going to be picking up a boyd's tacticool stock for it. It also has a Tasco 6-24X42.

Here is my Baikal IJ58M side by side. I inherited it from my neighbor when he passed away last year. I dont use it much since it prefer my 870 express but it is a nice shotgun to have.

Here is a Whitworth *unknown* that I inherited also from my late neighbor. I know that Interarms imported a bunch of old P14's that Zastava had worked up and turned them into Interarm Mark "X" but this one doesn't have any of the Zastava markings on the side of the receiver. It says Whiteworth Rifle Company, Manchester England on the top of the Barrel. Also on the side of the barrel just before the receiver it has the serial # along with 30.06/2.494", The Kings crown (I think) which I think means it has been tested. Along with BN 18 tons per *square symbol* and then B|B

I know for a fact its not an interarms since it has none of the importing markings and if you have seen an IA MK X there is a different modern style safety. You can see that this safety looks like a P14 safety from WW1. I know it is a Mauser action with pretty beefy barrel (compared to my friends Savage 110 30.06, its a lot heavier and thicker). I also know that it was brought to Canada from Finland since that it where he bought it.

Last but not least my Rem 870 Express Mag. It started as a bran new 28 inch barrel with wood stock. I bought a Knoxx stock and fore end, Rem factory 18 inch open cyl barrel, Rem factory 2 round mag extension and tacstar side saddle. This is by far my favorite until I get my next rifle.

My next purchase is going to be my buddies Rem 700P .308 with AICS 2.0 stock. Im deciding between a Bushnell 6500 4.5-30X50 or Leupold Mk4....I think they are both great and the Bushnell is about 600$ cheaper.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to being a part of this Forum

Re: New Member

Nice intro! Welcome aboard!
welcome.gif

Welcome.

In regards to the Savage and potential stock upgrade. If the only issue is the comb being too low, A Karsten cheek piece would solve that at a much lower cost than an entirely new stock.

Hi Cavscout, thanks for reply but I am also getting the Tacticool because it is a lot heavier....the Synthetic stock is wayyy too light....

Welcom aboard Jord!

You a Boston Bruins fan?

Just kidding. Goes back to when I was a wee lad growing up in New Hampshire and Quebecois would visit my fair state in the summer!

We'd always greet them with "Go Bruins".

Most laughed!

The Friggin Habs (Montreal Canadiens) are like the New York Yankees to New Englanders; The enemy!

Cheers!

Haha, yea I am a Habs fan, but I am English even though I can speak French. I would consider myself Canadian not Quebecois :p

I do say "eh" quite a lot but i say about not aboot, and yes I do have a moose to get to work, I have a pet beaver and I live in an igloo