• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Military Red Flag Law for vets, regardless of service dates etc.

Kinetic Moose

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2018
Margaritaville....
I can't remember where I saw it or I would post a link, but the Potato admin just pushed something through that expands red flags to vets, the wording didn't look that scary but the jist as I understand it is that a military court can rule against vets at ANY time and it falls under red flag rules. Sounds fishy that they would point the law at people who are and have committed themselves to this country up to and including.... I'm writing the local congressman and rep, seems like an overreach to say the least.

As I understand it, the law could be easily abused at the governments will to inmasse confiscate etc without any local authority. I try to maintain sanity and say it's needed, but I can come up with no viable arguments for anything even close to a logical explanation.

Any thoughts? more insight?

the jist as I understand it is that a military court can rule against vets at ANY time and it falls under red flag rules.

When someone is discharged they are no longer bound by the UCMJ or military courts. Doesn't matter what potato-head or congress say about it.

IF such a bill ever be signed into law and not fall on a constitutional challenge, then it's go time.

Your understanding of these matters appears to be painfully shallow

Instead of writing to your congressman to be ignored, why don't you research this better?

I'm an honorably discharged veteran and trust me when I tell you I lose no sleep over what you think is happening.

heard he was pushing dishonorable discharge for clotshot deniers and that can disqualify somebody?

We're getting sold down the river from every direction. I hate to say it but I fear:

Reactions: camocorvette
Multiple congressman have stated that an agreement was already reached that this language will be removed in the final version. It was made too late to remove it from the committee language in which this vote took place. There was also another provision with same issue. Take that for what it’s worth but even if advanced this is easily what qualifies as ex post facto legislation and is unconstitutional before it even gets off the ground.
Personally this will never see the light of day.

Multiple congressman have stated that an agreement was already reached that this language will be removed in the final version. It was made too late to remove it from the committee language in which this vote took place. There was also another provision with same issue. Take that for what it’s worth but even if advanced this is easily what qualifies as ex post facto legislation and is unconstitutional before it even gets off the ground.
Personally this will never see the light of day.
thanks for the insight, i don't know enough about the differences between committee votes and published/passed legislation. I wouldn't think it would pass, but strange days....

heard he was pushing dishonorable discharge for clotshot deniers and that can disqualify somebody?
I remember the vaccines they pushed back in the 90's and it was take it or get an article 15, i pushed it until they got serious and then i figured it wasn't worth it, (I was in my 20's) and oddly the shots they gave us never hit the civilian market, and it killed two people on the base, but those were reactions to the carrier from what we were told.

If you have PTSD and the VA assigns you a Third party to manage your affairs you CAN be red flagged.
Basically you are deemed "incapable". But dang, you REALLY had to have PTSD because I know plenty of guys with issues and none of them fall into that area including one of my guys who has made multiple suicide attempts.

Reactions: redx
The goal is to purge the military of all but the statist true believers.

This is what they want in the military

This is what they want to purge from the military

Give it a decade and mere mention of “the constitution” or “bill of rights” will be considered terrorist speech.

Last edited:
If you have PTSD and the VA assigns you a Third party to manage your affairs you CAN be red flagged.

Pro tip: do not ever set foot in a VA facility

I'd rather die of scurvy living in a cardboard box under a bridge than go to a VA hospital/clinic/doctor

Pro tip: do not ever set foot in a VA facility

I'd rather die of scurvy living in a cardboard box under a bridge than go to a VA hospital/clinic/doctor
Find a better facility. The one in Atlanta sucked major balls and I went 7 years without doing a claim but when I moved to Orlando, the one here was outstanding and felt like going to a regular military hospital.

Reactions: stefan73
Find a better facility. The one in Atlanta sucked major balls and I went 7 years without doing a claim but when I moved to Orlando, the one here was outstanding and felt like going to a regular military hospital.

I have no desire to set foot in any government facility unless absolutely necessary.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9 and redx
The VA where I am at isn't bad besides the fact that it's really no help. The people there are nice and try but the bureaucracy is a son of a gun. Still can't get any follow ups for the surgery I had on active duty.

The VA where I am at isn't bad besides the fact that it's really no help. The people there are nice and try but the bureaucracy is a son of a gun. Still can't get any follow ups for the surgery I had on active duty.
Same, had my C3-T1 taken out and replaced last year. Have only 25 degrees of movement I all directions because physical therapy denied me due to me having seizures....dont understand that train of thought.

Doc

Reactions: stefan73

Has anyone ever made it out of a VA facility without a mental dx?

I’ve seen it many times with folks trying to get into my industry, they are told to go to the VA or just talk with a gov shrink as they “transition to civilian life” and end up with a diagnosis that makes it VERY hard to be able to get the certificated in the industry. I’ve never been through the VA scene, but it almost feels like they hand these diagnosis out like a dentist office handing out lollipops.

Same, had my C3-T1 taken out and replaced last year. Have only 25 degrees of movement I all directions because physical therapy denied me due to me having seizures....dont understand that train of thought.

Doc
Two discs replaced in my neck. Still have loss of sensation to the extremities (not as bad as it was before). I had the surgery before I retired (the surgeon said it needed to be done right away) and I was supposed to have a follow up (was put in the doctors notes). VA denied the follow up. Oh well

• Angry
Reactions: Doc68