• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

new model of the Chargemaster??

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I thought that I read there is a new model of "Chargemaster" coming out soon?

also what is the current best price for one I found $358.00?

Thanks

Re: new model of the Chargemaster??

MidSouth has it on sale right now for $280. You can usually find it for $300, until the price goes up again.

New model? Whats the diff? Any faster? I been lookin at getting another and loading with two.

Are you thinking of the hornady its red and looks kinda like the chargemaster

No it was a note that since they have the competition out from Hornaday they were going to improve the current model?
    Bill

Bill i just got mine from Midsouth and it totaled 290 with shipping and they still had them in stock.

Would like to know when a new Chargemaster was coming out, if true, as I will be buying one soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Chargemaster and Giraud Trimmer would make my reloading time soo much more productive. </div></div>

Couldnt agree more. I sold my Giraud, since I so rarely trim, but it was awesome.

The Chargemaster combo is the single best piece of gear I have bought. Period. just so handy.

take a look at 6mmbr. they have a copycat coming out of Europe that look a lot like the Chargemaster. for less $$$

I have the giraud and its going no where !!!!
    but weigh every load on a acculab scale to the grain .
    I just donnt kow if the chargemaster is accurate enough and there is no way I will spend 2K on the "prometheus"

The Prometheus is closer to 3k. What makes a Prometheus special is the economy of motion engineered into the unit. I loaded in excess of 250 rounds/hour yesterday. As you drop the charge into the case another charge is started so there is no down time.

I could not get even 100 rounds/hr with a Chargemaster and it definitely was not near the accuracy and precision.

Sawhornsoff, isn't the new Prometheus still vapourware? If so, it isn't an option for us (though price will preclude many anyway).

I <span style="font-weight: bold">LOVE</span> my chargemaster. I can't imagine reloading without it now. I've used mine for a year and a half with no problems.

This was it the challenger I mean .
    $3K for the Promethious.
    Good God export the remainder of your reloading to China it will last you a life time
    Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.smartreloadermfg.com/isdscaledispenser.html

$205 @ GRAFS

waiting on review on 6BR looks like it should be good </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Good God export the remainder of your reloading to China it will last you a life time</div></div>

The Chinese will just short change you some Varget and add some melamine to make up the volume.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Prometheus is closer to 3k. What makes a Prometheus special is the economy of motion engineered into the unit. I loaded in excess of 250 rounds/hour yesterday. As you drop the charge into the case another charge is started so there is no down time.

I could not get even 100 rounds/hr with a Chargemaster and it definitely was not near the accuracy and precision. </div></div>

Buy 4 Chargemasters for 1200.00 adjust the speed in software. Loads faster then 250 rounds per hour with around 1800.00 to buy something else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Prometheus is closer to 3k. What makes a Prometheus special is the economy of motion engineered into the unit. I loaded in excess of 250 rounds/hour yesterday. As you drop the charge into the case another charge is started so there is no down time.

I could not get even 100 rounds/hr with a Chargemaster and it definitely was not near the accuracy and precision. </div></div>

Buy 4 Chargemasters for 1200.00 adjust the speed in software. Loads faster then 250 rounds per hour with around 1800.00 to buy something else. </div></div>

My one gripe with the CM is that it is slow. I was thinking of adding another and running two, but I heard a long time ago something about adjusting the speed in the software.

Ya know how to do it?

though i would share again......what a find !
    MVC-001S-4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Prometheus is closer to 3k. What makes a Prometheus special is the economy of motion engineered into the unit. I loaded in excess of 250 rounds/hour yesterday. As you drop the charge into the case another charge is started so there is no down time.

Buy 4 Chargemasters for 1200.00 adjust the speed in software. Loads faster then 250 rounds per hour with around 1800.00 to buy something else. </div></div>

but it's not that the Prometheus is super fast.
    It's that it's super fast and accurate to a single kernel of stick powder.
    Can't get that accuracy out of a chargemaster.
    It doesn't have enough resolution.

No shit!
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heavy Haulin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hawkinpup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some stuff for hot rodding the
    ChargeMaster

http://www.sahuntingrifle.co.za/index.ph...id=8&id=336 </div></div>

hawkinpup,

This might be exactly what I been lookin for. Have you tried this?

</div></div>

I'm way to stupid, I need to be taking by the hand for this kinda stuff. I'm more like get the case, put the primer, put the powder, put the bullet. shoot he gun.

Look at this page also
    http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/200...rgemaster-1500/

I run 2 Chargemasters. I reprogramed them and they will kick out the powder. Here is a video of how to.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ALVCfvTBBmA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ALVCfvTBBmA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

To hawkinpup and dar,

Just tweaked my CM and that MF runs like a raped ape now!!!!!

Thank you both.
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hawkinpup</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heavy Haulin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hawkinpup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some stuff for hot rodding the
    ChargeMaster

http://www.sahuntingrifle.co.za/index.ph...id=8&id=336 </div></div>

hawkinpup,

This might be exactly what I been lookin for. Have you tried this?

</div></div>

I'm way to stupid, I need to be taking by the hand for this kinda stuff. I'm more like get the case, put the primer, put the powder, put the bullet. shoot he gun.

Look at this page also
    http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/200...rgemaster-1500/ </div></div>

Dude, with the help of the link you posted, and that lil vidie dar posted, I had my CM tweaked in less 5 mins. It's easy money dude.

If you live in El Dorado, PRK, Im only bout 30-45 mins away and would be more than happy to help you get yours set up.

So I take it you guys feel that the Chargemaster is worth the price?

It looks like the speed will be there after hot-rodding it. I plan on seating after charging a single case, so it shouldn't hold me up any.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I take it you guys feel that the Chargemaster is worth the price?

It looks like the speed will be there after hot-rodding it. I plan on seating after charging a single case, so it shouldn't hold me up any. </div></div>

I'm real happy with my CM, for what it is. I load in lots of a few hundred, so time is a big factor for me. When I get a lil extra $$$ I'm gonna run two.

I've been using this CM for three years with no probs so far. This is the first time I've messed with it.

I'm in the process of charging 324 cases of match ammo, and after reprogramming, it is WAYYYYY faster. Still prone to the occasional overthrow, but the real test of ( post reprogramming ) CW accuracy and consistency will be match time @ the first of the month. (Crossing my fingers...)
    grin.gif

So far this trick ^^^ is the Bee's Knees.

For what its worth, my old Chargemaster crapped out, so I sent it back to RCBS with $45, and they replaced it with a brand new one. Looks exactly the same, but thats the only thing that is the same. Has to be about 1/3 faster, and when I put the pan on the platen, it re zeros and then starts to dispense by itself. the old one didn't do that. I had purchased a PACT high speed while I was waiting to get my RCBS back, and it is no here near as fast or accurate as the new RCBS.

There is a setting for the auto dispense. You can shut it off. It is in the manual. If loading a lot it can be a handy feature.

Heavy Haulin, thanks for hangin there and having patience with me. I played with the settings and Boom, hell yea, this thing is zippin out the charges.

Thanks you Guys for all your help.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

I think I am just over the hill from you Jake...Placerville.

Mine at stock speed is plenty fast for me.

My routine is to throw a charge, dump it in the case, put the pan back, start the next charge while I seat the previous thrown charge, by the time I turn, place the Scenar in place, seat it, QC it and box it, the next charge is thrown.

Works for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine at stock speed is plenty fast for me.

My routine is to throw a charge, dump it in the case, put the pan back, start the next charge while I seat the previous thrown charge, by the time I turn, place the Scenar in place, seat it, QC it and box it, the next charge is thrown.

Works for me. </div></div>

I use the same method. Works well to make use of the lag time between loadings and isn't apt to overthrow which happens more often with the mod in the video.

If you tweak it right nary and over throw will happen, It's and awesome little machine. no matter how you use it.

if you guys use the pan with the pour funnel to put the case right in it goes much faster than fumbling with a seperate funnel. I used the lyman one and glued a nickel on the bottom to mock the weight of the metal pan. makes me much faster.

Another trick that really helps in conjunction with the tuneup, is the "tuned" McDonalds straw trick.

I did this a while ago and it just smooths out the pour, for a more consistant dispense of powder.

I just took a McD's straw, and cut about a 1" piece and screwed it into the dispensing tube? and left about 1/4-3/8"ish hanging out.

Try it. You yust mi like eeet!
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heavy Haulin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another trick that really helps in conjunction with the tuneup, is the "tuned" McDonalds straw trick.

I did this a while ago and it just smooths out the pour, for a more consistant dispense of powder.

I just took a McD's straw, and cut about a 1" piece and screwed it into the dispensing tube? and left about 1/4-3/8"ish hanging out.

Try it. You yust mi like eeet!
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

This works. 1+++

Well put!!!!

I found a cahrgemaster for under 300 at natchez<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought that I read there is a new model of "Chargemaster" coming out soon?

also what is the current best price for one I found $358.00?

Thanks </div></div>