• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New MOtivation thread

teknikallysekure

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • 1297371029066.jpg

Re: New MOtivation thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great post... very motivational!!! </div></div>

Sometimes it can help you get your ass in gear to see some of this stuff. Lots of people probably don't need it, but I like to look at this stuff alot and get in gear.

CW, that "Happiness Flow Chart" is nice & concise. As always after looking at one of your posts, I'm feeling more motivated.

Thanks bro.

that runner in the snow was me. just kidding, but it could have been. running during snowfall is the best, if only for the looks you get.

That reminds me of when all I had was an aluminum square bar/pole for my sleeping cot and some 550 cord. I tied the bar up to the roof of the building I slept on (much more comfi on the roof with some air to cool you off since we had no AC in the building and it was hot in there being we were in Iraq) and used it like a pullup bar. Every time I would walk by it (it was on the way to the toilet) I did 7-10 pullups. 7-10 going to the bathroom and 7-10 comming back. I got a great workout when I had the runs!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That reminds me of when all I had was an aluminum square bar/pole for my sleeping cot and some 550 cord. I tied the bar up to the roof of the building I slept on (much more comfi on the roof with some air to cool you off since we had no AC in the building and it was hot in there being we were in Iraq) and used it like a pullup bar. Every time I would walk by it (it was on the way to the toilet) I did 7-10 pullups. 7-10 going to the bathroom and 7-10 comming back. I got a great workout when I had the runs! </div></div>

Hahaha bravo man
    laugh.gif

I have a close friend who was wounded in Vietnam (ARMY Ranger) He was hit 8 times across his legs. One of his legs had to be amputated. I am much younger than him and when I was in high school, i was on the wrestling team, one afternoon I was bithcing about having to run. He approached me and said " dont complain ... RUN, RUN because you can ... there are people who cannot but would love to, train your body to its potential". Now I am older and I am also a proud Veteran. I have had to run for my life, I understand what he meant.
    An old War dog Vietnam vet saved my life by motivating me to run, only because I could.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryanjay11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    COURAGEWOLF[img said:
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/togimono_shinji/motivation/1297370066057.jpg[/img]
    </div></div>

This looks like heaven.

This sure looks like hwy 14 right when you get down into north park after Cameron pass.

I don't have any cool motivational type posters but I am a fan of two quotes.

"The difference between a goal and an achievement is the work in between."

"Be the person you were born to be, not the person you've allowed yourself to become."

this is an awesome thread... DONT let it die

Came home beat from a 12 hour work day with no intention to workout. Read this, got off my ass and ran my best 3 mile time yet. I love motivation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a close friend who was wounded in Vietnam (ARMY Ranger) He was hit 8 times across his legs. One of his legs had to be amputated. I am much younger than him and when I was in high school, i was on the wrestling team, one afternoon I was bithcing about having to run. He approached me and said " dont complain ... RUN, RUN because you can ... there are people who cannot but would love to, train your body to its potential". Now I am older and I am also a proud Veteran. I have had to run for my life, I understand what he meant.
    An old War dog Vietnam vet saved my life by motivating me to run, only because I could. </div></div>

That is heavy. kind of puts in all in perspective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WM5L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a close friend who was wounded in Vietnam (ARMY Ranger) He was hit 8 times across his legs. One of his legs had to be amputated. I am much younger than him and when I was in high school, i was on the wrestling team, one afternoon I was bithcing about having to run. He approached me and said " dont complain ... RUN, RUN because you can ... there are people who cannot but would love to, train your body to its potential". Now I am older and I am also a proud Veteran. I have had to run for my life, I understand what he meant.
    An old War dog Vietnam vet saved my life by motivating me to run, only because I could. </div></div>

That is heavy. kind of puts in all in perspective. </div></div>

Good shit, thats what it's all about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    1297371029066.jpg
    </div></div>
    Chris McCandless, some people think he is a complete idiot. While he may have died, he did some truly amazing stuff. And this quote exemplifies he was brilliant.

had to LOL @ this one:

some_motivation_requiredu2sdetail.png

And a couple others that are motivating for different reasons:

eitkwi.jpg

iqyo0o.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    And a couple others that are motivating for different reasons:

eitkwi.jpg

iqyo0o.jpg
    </div></div>

Enough said!!! Time for me to get moving!! Thanks for the pics.

Every man is the builder of a temple called his body.
    --Henry David Thoreau

If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't.
    --Chuck Palahniuk

Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
    Steve Prefontaine