• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Nightforce 1-8

I was hoping for SFP..most FFP reticle is not day light bright enough...and also the price..I doubt it’s gonna be less than 2k...next Xmas I guess..this Xmas hasn’t even started yet...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a hunting version of the AMG or Razor LH revamp.
3-15x56 or 5-25x56
30mm Tube
Capped turrets w/ zero stop
Illuminated
SFP

Nightforce, Leupold, and Sig all have something close, but all fall short on glass or size,

They just showed up, and I have not used the Trijicon so i cannot compare ...

I got the green light to post this image for you guys

IMG_0078.JPG

It's live on their website, and I want it.

Europtic, $1750

Hi, LL, how would you compare it to the Leupold CQBSS?

I'm very interested in this optic to replace my Accupower 1-4. My ONLY concern is the size of the reticle in the FC-mil at 1x. The site states the segmented circle is 8moa I'm guessing that's at 8x though. Frank, do you know how large the segmented circle is at 1x?

I’m not Frank, but I have a hunch that if it’s 8MOA at 8x, it’s still 8MOA at 1x. That’s kind of the point of a FFP reticle.

I think most people will be pleasantly surprised at the price.

i must not be most people, it feels like gouging to me. $2700 for that thing means I’ll be buying another Razor. I’m fairly disappointed they priced it so high.

i must not be most people, it feels like gouging to me. $2700 for that thing means I’ll be buying another Razor. I’m fairly disappointed they priced it so high.

Gotta admit I was thinking pretty-much the exact same thing;. I'd probably stop short of "gouging" but count me as disappointed, at the very least. If the 4-16x turret option adds much further to the $$ I'll be even more firmly in that camp!

That’s true but the NXS line has always had mediocre glass.

You bird watching or shooting? I've only had 6 of the NXS scopes but all of them have been just as crisp as anything else I've looked through in the $2500ish range. The coatings in some other scopes give a little more vibrant picture but the clarity and resolution has been top notch from what I've seen.

Nightforce could make a 1-10 for $500 and people would still bitch and moan that it wasn’t $400. Keep rocking your Strike Eagles fellas.

No Strike Eagles here Kimber... Leupold (Mk6, that, unlike some, I really like, by the way) and Trij LPVs... Love my ATACR 4-16x, but the new 1-8x ATACR is pretty rich... just sayin'

Last edited:
Just because it’s pretty rich..... for you.... doesn’t mean it’s out of line with the rest of the quality 1-8 optics out there.

I’m not Frank, but I have a hunch that if it’s 8MOA at 8x, it’s still 8MOA at 1x. That’s kind of the point of a FFP reticle.

I'm not talking about its measurement, I'm talking about physically how big is it at 1x. Is is large enough to pick up quickly or is it like a 1moa dot at 1x.

Last edited:
Nightforce could make a 1-10 for $500 and people would still bitch and moan that it wasn’t $400. Keep rocking your Strike Eagles fellas.

So this is some ground breaking optic offered below market value? You’re welcome to ride NFs jock if you like bud, I’ll form my own opinion based on value as I see it. Great analogy though.

Back to my strike eagles...

I agree that the ATACAR is a bit rich. I'm going to wait for the supply pipeline to get filled then shop for a deal. I think I will have one delivered to my door under $2,200 by September 2018.

Being NF it's a great scope for sure. Personally, I still prefer the NF 2.5-10X24 or the S&B Short Dot.