• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Nightforce 4-16x42 CSASS

Nightforce Optics did not share the info with Gear Scout for public release, but none the less, the cat has been prematurely let out of the bag. The 4-16x42 is a FFP scope and it was developed to meet specific requirements of the U.S. Army's CSASS solicitation as mentioned. While it may one day make it to the commercial market, this was a military development project, and there is no estimated release date at this time and is currently not available for commercial sale. Many Nightforce products begin life as a project meant for military end use, and eventually make it to the commercial market. Our products go through extensive testing and end use evaluation prior to doing so.

Saw it at SHOT along with a few others that haven't been released yet...

If it was at shot, are you at liberty to discuss the 'few others'?

I would love to know so I don't waste my money on other less suitable products in the meantime.

See, now why can't NF come out with stuff like this to the commercial market? By the time it does become commercially availiable it will be obsolete I'm sure, as the optics game is in full swing and with the ATACR not being FFP, the Beast flopping on delivery times, and Steiners new offerings, NF will and IMHO is getting left in the dust commercially. Its a shame to because I'm a NF fanboy

See, now why can't NF come out with stuff like this to the commercial market? By the time it does become commercially availiable it will be obsolete I'm sure, as the optics game is in full swing and with the ATACR not being FFP, the Beast flopping on delivery times, and Steiners new offerings, NF will and IMHO is getting left in the dust commercially. Its a shame to because I'm a NF fanboy

While we don't advertise what we've got going on, I promise that the skunkworks at Nightforce is in full swing. We have many active projects, to include many for the commercial marketplace. This is just a peek behind the curtain, so don't give up on us.

While we don't advertise what we've got going on, I promise that the skunkworks at Nightforce is in full swing. We have many active projects, to include many for the commercial marketplace. This is just a peek behind the curtain, so don't give up on us.

This is what I like to hear :)

Come on, any hints or any tid bit you can release?

OMG that is exactly what I want from NF. Please bring this to market!

Any info (release date) on the NF unimount with the rds mount mentioned in the article? I am about to purchase another manufacturer's mount, which has attachment points directly on the mount, but I would rather stick with the NF unimounts that have always been good to me.

I'm really hoping this scope comes to market - would be the perfect scope for a semi-auto precision gun.

I'd buy one for my SCAR in a heartbeat.

Here it is ... but you can't have it.

10614397_10152691591417953_2355314126855877551_n.jpg

What an awesome optic. NF won't make this commercially available because it would be the only scope model they sold! Awesome features.

What an awesome optic. NF won't make this commercially available because it would be the only scope model they sold! Awesome features.

I give Nightforce props for introducing the 2.5-10x42 - that's a great scope. I just wish they'd offer more FFP options in the $1.5K-$2.5K price range.

The latest FFP offerings from Vortex and Steiner are going to be Nightforce killers...

I give Nightforce props for introducing the 2.5-10x42 - that's a great scope. I just wish they'd offer more FFP options in the $1.5K-$2.5K price range.

The latest FFP offerings from Vortex and Steiner are going to be Nightforce killers...

Nightforce had so many chances to dominate the market, I lost count.

I guess that's the price you pay for looking only 5 inches in front of you...

Last edited:
I really hope they introduce a 1-6 at SHOT that will be available to the civilian market otherwise itll be more razors for me. They need a 1-6, 2.5-10x32 FFP and a NXS line priced FFP.

Are civilians still buying nightforce?

How many people have suffocated holding their breath for nightforce to cater for a huge demand of the civilian market.

I recently purchased the Nightforce 2.5X10 X42 and I couldn't be happier with it. While I do have three Vortex HD Gen II, I would most definately look to Nightforce in the future.

I've got a NF BEAST and it is every bit as good as S&B 5-25x56. Add in the lower price than the S&B and TT offerings and it will have a spot in the market there. Haven't looked at a new Vortex though. If'n I get in the market for a high end 3-18x optic, I'll definitely check it out!

I really hope they introduce a 1-6 at SHOT that will be available to the civilian market otherwise itll be more razors for me. They need a 1-6, 2.5-10x32 FFP and a NXS line priced FFP.

This ^^^^^^^ I couldn't agree more with this statement. I recently purchased my 2nd NF. I'm running a 3-15x50 SFP on my hunting rifle. I really like the build quality, turrets, glass etc. If they do bring out more FFP options I'll be upgrading for sure and using my SFP for other projects.

Why is the picatinny thingy blocking the view of the elevation turret?

Also, I'll take one as well, with MLR2. Can you make the reticle with an open center like the Henny NH1?