• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW- Nightforce CFS (configurable Field Spotting Scope)

Euro.Connor

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2023
PA
www.eurooptic.com
Gents,

Pretty excited about this one. First focal plane spotting scope with 3 reticle options. Accessory cages and Platforms for LRFs, ect. We are expecting them to start shipping here in about 2 weeks.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforc...Scope.aspx?utm_source=eoic2018&utm_medium=CSA

Connor
CFS cage.jpg

Built in USA.
Figures, Japanese and Chicoms wouldn't be so lazy with their development.

Its literaly riflescope with a slightly bulkier parallax ring and magnification ring instead of the turrets , shorter eye relief as a trade off for wider FOV .

kinda like modern take on what USO made
USOFOSMOA-2.jpg

v.

Last edited:
Ive been holding out on buying a spotting scope for the last few years waiting for something like this to come along, only for it to have a 50mm OBJ and 36 at the top end. Granted I rarely use spotting scopes above 25-30x, but still wish it had a 65mm OBJ.

Overall, the features (reticle, arca rail, NV rail, and accessory rails) are the selling points for me.

I don't care how functional that cage might be - it looks lame as shit. I'm staying with my mark 4/ badger.

Reactions: Stag556
I'm not in the market for this, so I'm not sure what features/specs would be appropriate... But it does have 2x the FOV compared to the 7-35 ATACR. I wonder how this will compare to binos that are commonly used for PRS spotting.

Reactions: Cutout
I don't get it. I thought everybody was into the compact prism type spotters but now long and awkward is the new hotness?

Reactions: BurtG
You have a mk4 for 1800 and spotter 45/swaro str80 around 4k. This thing doesn't really move the needle. Small objective, low top end, and if it's like the rest of the NF line glass wise, unimpressive.

What we need is a alpha glass with a good etched reticle for 3-4k that actually has a warranty unlike hensdoldt.

I don't get it. I thought everybody was into the compact prism type spotters but now long and awkward is the new hotness?
You are missing the small fact that these are NiGhT fOrCe!!

I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes.

The Mil-XT variant looks great.
I bet it’s one of those deals where it looks goofy/different until you use it, then it’s like “hell yea”.

Reactions: TSean
I might be tempted to try one to throw in the hunting pack. I had a Leupold and didn't like the centered reticle. Currently have a swaro ATC and can see times when the reticle would be useful. The ATC glass is a upgrade over the Leupold and size is a huge consideration when it come to hunting. Had a Hensoldt Spotter60, but it took up too much space so I sold it.

Seems too small objective lens , at 50mm , as the others are 60mm , 72mm & 80mm , 50mm seems way too small , as a stand alone device .

It's definitely a niche spot in the market it's filling. It's not a general purpose spotter, but rather it's competing with the leupold mk4 which is 60mm. Then there is the smaller 55mm Kowa which is great. Vortex has a 50mm and 56mm spotter. I'm sure there is a multitude of other spotting scopes in the compact spotter segment. I use a Swarovski ATC which is a 56mm spotter because it's big enough for the purpose I need it for.

1710530545124.png

Leupold makes this 15-30X50 spotting scope, my unit used them in Afghanistan and for a while after we got back until we got the Leupold Mk4 spotter just as I was getting out. The 50mm objective didn't really hold it back then and that was 20 years ago, I imagine they can do some pretty great things with modern optical design so I don't see the 50mm objective as a downside.

Reactions: Brym427
Reactions: TheOE800 and BurtG
Quick review? In the market for new spotting glass.
Glass is surprisingly good. Eyebox is pretty good to get behind, FOV is great the reticle is really nice and out of the way. The reticle is has a 6x and 36x version which is nice it still usable at 6x. The controls are easy to turn with just the right amount of resistance. For me I though I would like the cage for extra protection but didn't have anything I wanted to mount to it and the non cage version fit better in my pack due to being less bulky.