• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new noveske 308?

DJ 480

RECON
Minuteman
  • Sep 25, 2011
    i saw a picture that they resently put up on facebook showing some 308 rifles..they didnt look like the old N6. anyone heard any news if they are going to do another run of a 308 rifle?

be sweet if they went with an sr25 type mag system

Noveske 308 rifles are built on Armalite pattern lowers and steel magazines. I have a Noveske N6 upper on an Armalite 308 lower. Armalite has recently redesigned their 308 lower to the new AR-10A configuration which is designed to accept PMAGs. The older steel magazine design is now designated the AR-10B. This design change resulted in some geometric changes so the old Armalite and Noveske N6 uppers will not fit the new AR-10A lower. Supposedly, since Armalite changed their lower design to accept PMAGs, and Noveske 308 rifles are historically designed for Armalite style lowers, Noveske is changing as well. I assume they will continue to use the Armalite pattern and go with the AR-10A design but this is just an assumption, I have no hard facts on that. All the information about the new AR-10A lower can be found at ArmaLite Inc.

Noveske 308 rifles are built on Armalite pattern lowers and steel magazines. I have a Noveske N6 upper on an Armalite 308 lower. Armalite has recently redesigned their 308 lower to the new AR-10A configuration which is designed to accept PMAGs. The older steel magazine design is now designated the AR-10B. This design change resulted in some geometric changes so the old Armalite and Noveske N6 uppers will not fit the new AR-10A lower. Supposedly, since Armalite changed their lower design to accept PMAGs, and Noveske 308 rifles are historically designed for Armalite style lowers, Noveske is changing as well. I assume they will continue to use the Armalite pattern and go with the AR-10A design but this is just an assumption, I have no hard facts on that. All the information about the new AR-10A lower can be found at ArmaLite Inc.

In addition to what you said...

Armalite AR10A Rifles (The one that takes 20LR PMags) will be using the same BCG, Bolt, and Barrel Extension as the "older" Armalite AR10B Rifles (The one that take the converted M14 mags). So for Noveske Barrels, this means no change, as both barrels are the same, that uses the same barrel extension, and utilizes the same Armalite Bolt.

Armalite also states that they have only tested their AR10A rifles with Pmags, so they are not sure if those other SR-25 type mags will function flawlessly (they may, it's just that Armalite has not tested it).