• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New nucleus action?

BigdaddyWSM

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2018
Mobridge, South Dakota
Just put together a new rifle with a new arc nucleus action & was wondering which version of action I have. Most gen 2 I see have big round bolt release knob on left side, mine is a copper colored one on right side that you push down & spring loaded.
IMG_20200817_215155.jpg
IMG_20200817_215249.jpg
The serial number does start with M9G2

Tagged. Curious what that is - how does it engage the lug(s)? I really like the beefy 12 o'clock crossbar stop, but any time i see Ted do something new, I'm interested

Reactions: BigdaddyWSM
After checking the ARC website & drawings of the newer gen 2 version it does show this bolt release. it works good but was surprised it didn't have that cross-bolt style that every picture I ever saw had.

Nice.
I liked that bolt release on the mausingfield.
I don’t mind the light switch version but this is a lot cleaner and easier to use.

Reactions: BigdaddyWSM
That's definitely a Gen 2 action. The big rotating crossbolt at the top was a feature of the 1st Gen Nucleus actions like the one I have.

The ARC website has kinda always been a little behind, from what I can tell. If you look at the description of the Gen 2 Nucleus, I'm pretty sure they are still using the text from the Gen 1 description for the bolt stop.

There's a "Nucleus update" thread somewhere on here that describes the changes, pretty sure the bolt stop you have was part of the Gen 2 changes, as opposed to the Gen 1.2 changes.

Edit: Just looked at the website and looks like they are still using pictures of Gen 1 Nucleus for the Gen 2 Nucleus product listing, but use the Gen 2 pictures for the Nucleus Gen 2 & Xylo chassis complete rifle package.

Last edited: