• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New NV and Thermal Gear at 2024 Shot Show

I’d recommend searching around this forum for several days before making any decisions. There’s more to learn than you can get from one or two responses and it’s a big financial decision for most people.

First, I’d search “ clip-on vs stand alone thermal”. There are pros and cons to each and your specific use case determines which is best for you.

Then I’d research why “military” clip-ons are 3 to 30 times as expensive as commercial ones 😬. Depending on your situation, they could be WELL worth it, or an absolute waste of money.

AFTER that, I’d start figuring out which ones fit my use case (long, short, or medium range). There will be a trade off between field of view and range. This is largely where the mm differences you mentioned will come into play.

Good luck!
Thank you very much Evolution.. I'll start doing more research..

Reactions: rlsmith1