• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New NY'er here

SupersoakerMD50

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Primarily into shotguns for years - slug hunting deer and a few clays here and there - my experience with punching targets has primarily been on an old Remington Nylon 66 .22LR with iron sights at 100yd. With .22 so hard to come by, especially here in NY, I figured why not invest in something that I can actually find, and learn to hone my skills with a centerfire? The idea of holding a group at 200, 300, or 500 yards is exciting and promising. I don't hunt anymore, but I love whacking holes in paper, and my buddy's got a place for me to shoot.

I had my eyes on a Savage for cost sake until I put my hands on a Remington 700 in .243, and decided the extra cash was something that I wouldn't regret... the mass availability of parts and upgrades was certainly a selling point as well. I'm certain that this'll take me awhile as funds become available, but I'd like to learn to shoot something that isn't loaded with 2 3/4" #6 at more than forty yards. I love this rifle so far. I'm a frugal bastard, but making a point of saving my pennies for some good glass to mount on the sucker to replace the cheap 3-9x40 that's on it now. Until then, it suffices. I suppose I can learn on what I have and set this thing up right as my skills justify it? Certainly ain't no .22LR.

Welcome to the boards man, now come down this weekend and shoot some more. =)