• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Old Member intro

mbrown1941

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2022
Austx
I guess I'm supposed to write something here. Mike - age 80 - Austin resident for 37 years - retired engineer - Army Brat. Lifelong shooter? No, not yet! First exposure to firearms in ~1946, when Dad was a Captain of MPs at ft. Benning. He left his unloaded Colt 1917 on his dresser, and little mikey found it, half-moon clips and all. Smart enough to figure how to load it - also smart enough not to! Was BMG_Mike on the first incarnation of SH.

Reactions: stefan73
I guess I'm supposed to write something here. Mike - age 80 - Austin resident for 37 years - retired engineer - Army Brat. Lifelong shooter? No, not yet! First exposure to firearms in ~1946, when Dad was a Captain of MPs at ft. Benning. He left his unloaded Colt 1917 on his dresser, and little mikey found it, half-moon clips and all. Smart enough to figure how to load it - also smart enough not to! Was BMG_Mike on the first incarnation of SH.
Hey Mike, where are ya in Austin? I'm down in South Austin, near Southpark Meadows

Mike, I hope you are doing well. Last time I saw you was doing the 1000 yard qualifier in either 2002 or 2003!